    ?

    Many thanks,
    Marcin
    Tato programista, Aug 28, 2006

  2. "Tato programista" <> writes:
    >I'm trying to build home cisco lab. I have 3640 and 1603 routers. Both
    >have WIC-1T modules as WAN solutions. Can I connect them with
    >DB60<-->DB60 crossover "back-to-back" cable ?
    >Can the routers communicate using that cable to test some lab solutions

    Yes. You are looking for a DCE to DTE cable.
    Cisco Part #CAB-60MTC

    There's a zillion of them on eBay/3rd party cable shops on the Net.

    Set one end as DCE, the other as DTE and away you go.

    Or, to emulate it a little closer in speed/options, you can buy two
    CSU/DSU's, and hook them up to the WIC-1Ts with CAB-V35MT (or whatever
    interface you get on your CSU), and a cross-over T1 cable inbetween
    the CSU/DSUs.
    Doug McIntyre, Aug 28, 2006

  3. Tato programista

    Joe Beasley Guest

    Run a cat5 cable between the two wicT1 cards, but cross pins 1&2 with 4&5.
    You will have to turn on clocking on one of the cards.

    Joe Beasley, Aug 30, 2006
  4. Joe Beasley <> writes:
    >Run a cat5 cable between the two wicT1 cards, but cross pins 1&2 with 4&5.
    >You will have to turn on clocking on one of the cards.

    The OP was talking about WIC-1T cards, with DB60s on them. Not WIC-1DSU-T1
    cards with T1 interfaces. Many people transpose 1T for T1, but they
    are NOT even close.
    Doug McIntyre, Aug 30, 2006
  5. Many thanks for that, I will try with DB60 crossover,
    Tato programista, Aug 30, 2006
  6. Tato programista

    Hansang Bae Guest

    Doug McIntyre wrote:
    > The OP was talking about WIC-1T cards, with DB60s on them. Not
    > WIC-1DSU-T1 cards with T1 interfaces. Many people transpose 1T for
    > T1, but they are NOT even close.

    Well, it is 1T or T1 so it's close! ;)

    --

    hsb

    Due to the volume of email that I receive, I may not be able to
    Hansang Bae, Aug 31, 2006