    Those who get binary...
    And those who don't.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Matt B, Oct 9, 2003

  2. Matt B

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <B4bhb.172816$>,
    Tnz says...
    > I have a client who uses net folders on a small p2p network who is having
    > some weirdness with a shared calendar since daylight savings kicked in. If
    > one of the ppl sharing his calendar makes an appointment it shows correctly
    > on their machine, but on his it's an hour earlier. Both machines are XPP and
    > are set to adjust for daylight savings.
    >
    > His timezone/clock etc are correct but his is showing NZ Standard time, not
    > NZ Daylight? WTF?? Anyone?

    Maybe he set the time himself before Windows changed it automatically.

    Mainlander, Oct 9, 2003

  3. Matt B

    Matt B Guest

    In news:,
    Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:
    > In article <B4bhb.172816$>,
    > Tnz says...
    >> I have a client who uses net folders on a small p2p network who is
    >> having some weirdness with a shared calendar since daylight savings
    >> kicked in. If one of the ppl sharing his calendar makes an
    >> appointment it shows correctly on their machine, but on his it's an
    >> hour earlier. Both machines are XPP and are set to adjust for
    >> daylight savings.
    >>
    >> His timezone/clock etc are correct but his is showing NZ Standard
    >> time, not NZ Daylight? WTF?? Anyone?

    > Maybe he set the time himself before Windows changed it automatically.

    Heh - not quite sure how you'd manage this...
    - think about it :)

    I've looked at it myself today - weird as. I'm starting to wonder if it's
    BIOS? He was "too busy" for me to reboot his machine for me to look...

    --
    Regards,

    Matt B
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people.
    Those who get binary...
    And those who don't.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Matt B, Oct 10, 2003
  4. Matt B

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <vfuhb.173790$>,
    Tnz says...
    > In news:,
    > Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:
    > > In article <B4bhb.172816$>,
    > > Tnz says...
    > >> I have a client who uses net folders on a small p2p network who is
    > >> having some weirdness with a shared calendar since daylight savings
    > >> kicked in. If one of the ppl sharing his calendar makes an
    > >> appointment it shows correctly on their machine, but on his it's an
    > >> hour earlier. Both machines are XPP and are set to adjust for
    > >> daylight savings.
    > >>
    > >> His timezone/clock etc are correct but his is showing NZ Standard
    > >> time, not NZ Daylight? WTF?? Anyone?

    > > Maybe he set the time himself before Windows changed it automatically.

    > Heh - not quite sure how you'd manage this...
    > - think about it :)

    I didn't think about it - I did it last weekend.

    Unless your PC is synchronised to some kind of external service, Windows
    has no way of knowing if your clock is correct or not. It will quite
    happily add or subtract an hour from what it already is.

    Mainlander, Oct 10, 2003
  5. Matt B

    Matt B Guest

    In news:,
    Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:
    [snip]

    >>> Maybe he set the time himself before Windows changed it
    >>> automatically.

    >> Heh - not quite sure how you'd manage this...
    >> - think about it :)

    > I didn't think about it - I did it last weekend.
    >
    > Unless your PC is synchronised to some kind of external service,
    > Windows has no way of knowing if your clock is correct or not. It
    > will quite happily add or subtract an hour from what it already is.

    That's the point...

    --
    Regards,

    Matt B