Day Three: Vonage sucks

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Wes Groleau, Nov 21, 2005.

  1. Wes Groleau

    Wes Groleau Guest

    Three times in a row, their router gave me a DHCP address
    on reboot, and approximately one hour later, refused to accept
    any packets, including pings, new DHCP requests, and attempts
    to access the configuration http server. Reboot again is the
    only way to get back online.

    Their tech support is just like Microsoft: Unplug, cycle power,
    reboot, .... Except that Microsoft uses phone lines that don't
    cut out and techs that can understand my English.

    Next, I am unable to call the number they gave me. Their tech
    was unable to accept my explanation that a firewall IN THE COMPUTER
    is not able to keep the adapter upstream from talking to their server.

    Audio quality was OK, except that about ten times in a fifteen
    minute call it snipped about one second of audio from the conversation.

    I'm sending it back.

    --
    Wes Groleau

    Expert, n.:
    Someone who comes from out of town and shows slides.
    Wes Groleau, Nov 21, 2005

  2. Wes Groleau

    Wes Groleau Guest

    Wes Groleau wrote:
    > I'm sending it back.

    Day four: It takes seven or eight levels of
    automated menus to get to a human to tell them
    you want the refund. But it's interesting that
    when you select a sales or "un-sale" option
    instead of tech support, you get someone who
    speaks English.

    However, he uses his command of English to apply
    the hard-sell. Didn't work, just irritated me
    even more.

    --
    Wes Groleau

    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible
    will make violent revolution inevitable.
    -- John F. Kennedy
    Wes Groleau, Nov 24, 2005