    When you install, leave your ZipDrive disconnected (OK, just leave it
    disconnected forever) or it f**ks with your drive letter assignments.

    More later. It's 3:30 am in PA, and I'm workin' in a few hrs. (yawn!)

    M. Murcek, Jun 25, 2005

  2. M. Murcek

    John Barnes Guest

    I have the Plextor SATA DVD writer and it freezes my system and I had to
    disconnect for x64. I plug it in for the X86 system when needed. I have
    IDE NEC and Lite-on DVD writers which are no problem.

    John Barnes, Jun 25, 2005

  3. M. Murcek

    M. Murcek Guest

    Lite-On. Go figure. The cheap stuff works, the premium components are
    trouble.

    M. Murcek, Jun 25, 2005
  4. M. Murcek

    M. Murcek Guest

    Quicken 2005 Premium Home & Business works, but they should be shot for
    putting so many come-ons for financial products on your desktop as icons.
    Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 works, and hooray, they finally added a checkbox to
    the download to let you opt out of the asinine Yahoo toolbar. Adobe
    Photoshop Album 2.0 SE also works. The latest build on MS Anti-Spyware
    works. MS Code Named Acrylic works. Office 2003 works.

    So far, pretty much everything but the Sony DVD burner works.

    M. Murcek, Jun 25, 2005
  5. M. Murcek

    M. Murcek Guest

    Just like on my x64 laptop, Netgear PS110 print server works, but you get
    errors about "monitor could not be installed." Basically, this just means
    the print server can't bark when there's a paper out condition on one of the
    printers. That would be lousy if the printer was in another room, but it's
    visible from my desk, so no harm in this case...

    M. Murcek, Jun 25, 2005
  6. M. Murcek

    M. Murcek Guest

    OK, it's HOT today in PA, and Allegheny Energy is having trouble supplying
    all those air conditioners with juice. When the power goes out, the UPS
    kicks in, and immediately, x64 Edition heads for standby, but never gets
    there. The UPS is an APC, the Microsoft HID UPS battery driver is installed
    by default. I don't think it's the UPS causing the hangup though. It did
    send the message via USB port that it's standby time, at that point, it's up
    to the OS, no?

    M. Murcek, Jun 26, 2005
  7. M. Murcek

    Dennis Pack Guest

    I also use an APC but I'm using PowerChute personal edition software version
    1.5 that installs and functions properly in X86 or X64.

    Dennis Pack, Jun 26, 2005