    kaydigi Guest

    Does anyone know what was added to the diretors cut? The specials were far
    more entertaining than the movie itself.

    kaydigi, Oct 27, 2004

  2. kaydigi

    Morgan Guest

    Having only seen the theatrical version once and watching the "director's
    cut" last night, I was a bit worried I wouldn't be able to tell what was
    added in. Watch it closely and you'll see a big difference in picture
    quality with the new scenes. Most of the added scenes have grain and dirt
    on them while the rest of the movie is pretty clean. Normally I don't
    notice stuff like that, but it was really obvious while watching it last
    night--they could have cleaned it up a little more. For the most part, it
    was just a bit more gore and more character background, as the director's
    introduction states.

    Morgan

    Morgan, Oct 27, 2004

  3. kaydigi

    Zimmy Guest

    I didn't notice that and I'm pretty sure they mastered the Unrated cut at
    the same time as the theaterical.
    These aren't some lost scenes they found to put back in the picture, these
    are expensive, fx heavy scenes with action.

    Zimmy, Oct 27, 2004
  4. "kaydigi" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know what was added to the diretors cut? The specials were far
    > more entertaining than the movie itself.

    It seems that the new unrated version has been censored a bit. Evidently
    there
    is a scene in the beginning where you are in a car and there is a naked
    woman
    wandering around. For some reason in the new unrated version they have
    digitally
    added blood on to the windsheild so you can no longer see her.

    There is a discussion about it at the hometheaterforum.
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=215215

    Joe Thousandaire, Oct 27, 2004
  5. kaydigi

    Jeffman316 Guest

    I watched this in the theater and did not remember the nude woman on the
    side.

    I also watched the first 10 minutes that was shown on USA network.
    They claimed that they were airing the first ten minutes uncut on TV.
    The woman was not nude there either. I have that on tape and it is the
    same as the DVD.

    Maybe everything we have in the US is edited compared to the region 3
    release.

    Jeffman

    Jeffman316, Oct 28, 2004
  6. kaydigi

    Sean Black Guest

    In article <Xns958FCC90B4973slapnutsrulehotmailc@216.196.97.142>,
    Jeffman316 <> writes
    >I watched this in the theater and did not remember the nude woman on the
    >side.
    >
    >I also watched the first 10 minutes that was shown on USA network.
    >They claimed that they were airing the first ten minutes uncut on TV.
    >The woman was not nude there either. I have that on tape and it is the
    >same as the DVD.
    >
    >Maybe everything we have in the US is edited compared to the region 3
    >release.

    The naked woman is definitely present and visible in the R2 Director's
    Cut.
    --
    Sean Black

    Sean Black, Oct 28, 2004