Daves not the only Wifi Car Nut

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Collector»NZ, Apr 20, 2005.

  1. http://moro.fbrtech.com/~tora/EVDO/index.html

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

    Collector»NZ, Apr 20, 2005

  2. Collector»NZ wrote:
    > http://moro.fbrtech.com/~tora/EVDO/index.html

    the google map updating thing is freaking awesome... I want one... or do I.

    Just imagine how locatable this guy is, I dont think I want to be *that*
    availible, having a cell phone is annoying enough.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Apr 21, 2005

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 21/04/2005 11:06 a.m.:
    > Collector»NZ wrote:
    >
    >> http://moro.fbrtech.com/~tora/EVDO/index.html

    > the google map updating thing is freaking awesome... I want one... or do I.
    >
    > Just imagine how locatable this guy is, I dont think I want to be *that*
    > availible, having a cell phone is annoying enough.

    Now if only I could get the navman to take a screen shot and a script to
    push it to a website via a GPRS data connection, everyone would know
    exactly where I am.

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

    Collector»NZ, Apr 21, 2005
  4. Collector»NZ wrote:
    >>> http://moro.fbrtech.com/~tora/EVDO/index.html

    >> the google map updating thing is freaking awesome... I want one... or
    >> do I.
    >> Just imagine how locatable this guy is, I dont think I want to be
    >> *that* availible, having a cell phone is annoying enough.

    > Now if only I could get the navman to take a screen shot and a script to
    > push it to a website via a GPRS data connection, everyone would know
    > exactly where I am.

    Im working on this for dave.net.nz

    Pretty simple, although I still have to manually push the button on my
    phone, Im wondering if I got a new palm/MS/Linus(if possible) based
    phone I could script it to make an alarm, take a pic say 10 seconds
    after the alarm, email or upload the pic to my site, and the site to
    process/re-size the pic and add time stamps etc.

    No reason for it, maybe someone would want it, maybe I could sell it?
    who knows, for now it is a toy.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Apr 21, 2005