    the advantage of using daul channel mode? Also for the second memory chip do
    I have to buy the exact same chip or will another 256 of pc2700 work?
    Thanks Jay
    jay, May 5, 2004

  2. jay

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "jay" <> wrote in
    news:wR8mc.5560$:

    > I just bought a new motherboard GIGABYTE nForce2 Ultra 400 Model
    > "GA-7N400-L. I curently have a kingston 256 pc2700. I was wondering
    > what is the advantage of using daul channel mode? Also for the second
    > memory chip do I have to buy the exact same chip or will another 256
    > of pc2700 work? Thanks Jay

    Dual channel uses two channels of RAM at a time instead of just one. It
    theoretically means you could get 5.4 GB/sec instead of 2.7GB/sec out of
    your PC2700 RAM, but in reality it will give you around 3.3 GB/sec or so.

    You /should/ get the exact same chip, but most of the time any other
    quality stick of PC2700 should work with it.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    DeMoN LaG, May 5, 2004