    time changing. The problem with the date or now formula is that the
    date and time change every day / second.
    Thank you

    Valerie, Dec 29, 2007

  2. Valerie

    richard Guest

    On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 17:59:18 -0800 (PST), Valerie <>
    wrote:

    >hello - I would like a formula that will automatically enter the date
    >and time when any entry/value is put in another cell with out the date/
    >time changing. The problem with the date or now formula is that the
    >date and time change every day / second.
    >Thank you

    Not knowing in what application you are attempting to use this in,
    I'll take a stab at it and just say, find a way to trap the datestamp
    upon first use. Then pass that information into a variable that will
    be used later in the same document. Print the variable, not the
    datestamp itself.

    richard, Dec 29, 2007

  3. Valerie

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 17:59:18 -0800 (PST), Valerie wrote:

    Another rubbish subject line.

    >hello - I would like a formula that will automatically enter the date
    >and time when any entry/value is put in another cell with out the date/

    What application?

    Ok so it's maybe MS Excel as you say 'now' formula.

    >time changing. The problem with the date or now formula is that the
    >date and time change every day / second.

    Then you don't use now, if you look carefully now is now not what it was
    when now isn't now anymore because now is different from the earlier now
    than it will be for now later when it's then or now.

    Convert the date / time or now into a string and put that result in the
    cell.

    >Thank you

    Me

    why?, Dec 29, 2007