    where it used to not be visible. Can someone point me in the direction to
    fix my toolbar back like it was and perhaps explain what happened? TIA
    bob

    bb, May 19, 2006

  2. bb

    Mike Easter Guest

    bb wrote:
    > On my bottom toolbar my date is not showing up for some reason.

    Terminology: taskbar tray clock

    I wonder if your display is trying to use screen realestate which isn't
    there or if the time display function is actually missing [no control
    panel function] or if you have the clock turned off in the taskbar
    options..

    Also, I'm familiar with Win98se, not XP, so adjust this accordingly.

    > Used
    > to when I would place my cursor on the time, the date would show
    > above it. But now nothing happens. Also the Symantec shield is there
    > on the toolbar, where it used to not be visible.

    It is normal for that Symantec icon to show on the taskbar tray and to
    have a function there

    Do you have a Date/Time icon/function in your control panel? What
    happens when you R click an empty space in your tray? Does it say
    "Adjust Date/Time" or does it just have a menu about the windows cascade
    and tile? Also, if you R click in the tray and select Properties, the
    Taskbar options section has a place to check or uncheck 'Show clock'.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, May 19, 2006

  3. bb

    bb Guest

    Thanks. I got it switched back. The date now shows when I hold the mouse
    over the time.

    bb, May 19, 2006
  4. bb

    Mike Easter Guest

    bb wrote:
    > Thanks. I got it switched back. The date now shows when I hold the
    > mouse over the time.

    Does that mean your reply could have been in this context below, or some
    other?

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, May 19, 2006