    Is this a BIOS/CMOS battery issue? Rather strange, as this follows hot on
    the tail of me installing a case fan and DVD writer for him, which all
    worked fine.

    Deano, May 4, 2007

  2. Deano wrote:
    > This time it's not me but a friend who's too dim to post here. I say dim in
    > a nice way as he probably wouldn't get the gist of the problem across.
    >
    > His pc is starting up with the wrong time and date. He hasn't said what
    > time/date but it happened to me once and typically I would get 1900 or
    > something similar. Windows apps then use this date and all sort of
    > confusion reigns.
    >
    > Is this a BIOS/CMOS battery issue? Rather strange, as this follows hot on
    > the tail of me installing a case fan and DVD writer for him, which all
    > worked fine.

    Probably the battery on the motherboard. $2-3 at many stores.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 4, 2007

  3. Deano

    Guest

    "Deano" <> wrote:

    >This time it's not me but a friend who's too dim to post here. I say dim in
    >a nice way as he probably wouldn't get the gist of the problem across.
    >
    >His pc is starting up with the wrong time and date. He hasn't said what
    >time/date but it happened to me once and typically I would get 1900 or
    >something similar. Windows apps then use this date and all sort of
    >confusion reigns.
    >
    >Is this a BIOS/CMOS battery issue? Rather strange, as this follows hot on
    >the tail of me installing a case fan and DVD writer for him, which all
    >worked fine.

    Sometimes on a hard crash the bios will reset it's date and time.

    If not the battery, and both date and time are off, just change it in
    the bios on boot up.
    --
    Pastor dave helps jack off the horse.
    http://images.dailykos.com/images/user/3/BrainerdClip.jpg