Date Stamp

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by rdkng97, Sep 8, 2006.

  1. rdkng97

    rdkng97 Guest

    I have an Olympus C740 camera and have read all the literature provided
    and cannot find if you can put a date stamp on the pictures. the
    instructions say that the numbers under the pic on the computer tell
    the day and time the pics were taken, but I can't find how to get them
    to appear on the pics themselves. Any help appreciated.
    R.

    rdkng97, Sep 8, 2006

  2. rdkng97

    George K Guest

    The date the picture was taken is in the images EXIF metadata. Windows
    can displays this information in the Properties window of Windows
    Explorer. You have to unselect any selected option for the "Explorer"
    bar. Select the "View" option of Windows Explorer's menu bar. From the
    drop down list select the "Explorer Bar" option and click on any marked
    option to clear the option. Now when you select an image in Windows
    Explorer window, a preview image and the date the image was last
    modified. If you use the right mouse click for the image and select the
    "Properties" option, you will bring up the image's "Properties" window;
    now select the "Summary" tab and click the "Advanced>>" button. This
    will bring up more EXIF data.

    George K, Sep 8, 2006

  3. rdkng97

    m Ransley Guest

    I had that issue and found my Canon printer easy print software would
    add a date, but to see it in the computer your photo software usualy
    temporarily displays it, or can sort by date.

    m Ransley, Sep 9, 2006