Date stamp changing in windows Xp

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Freda, Nov 9, 2004.

  1. Freda

    Freda Guest

    Does any one on this list know how to change date/time stamp on files in
    windows XP pro
    I have some genealogical files that I want to make all the same date/time
    stamp.
    They dont change each time you do any mod. as not all data files get used at
    each change.
    Can I do it in their make believe "DOS" area or in Windows area?
    Freda
    --
    Please reply to the list as my email address is a fake

    Freda, Nov 9, 2004

  2. Freda

    Misc NGs Guest

    I have an old DOS app called TOUCH.COM that should still work on normal 8x3
    file names in XP. Drop me an EMail...

    Seymore...
    remove "REMOVE" to reply directly

    Misc NGs, Nov 10, 2004

  3. Freda

    Kerodo Guest

    Kerodo, Nov 10, 2004
  4. Freda

    Max Burke Guest

    > Freda wrote:
    > Does any one on this list know how to change date/time stamp on
    > files in windows XP pro
    > I have some genealogical files that I want to make all the same
    > date/time stamp.
    > They dont change each time you do any mod. as not all data files get
    > used at each change.

    Have a look at this freeware util:
    http://www.ne.jp/asahi/cool/kish/pplusmain.htm

    Found Images

    Max Burke, Nov 10, 2004
  5. Freda

    Freda Guest

    Thanks to all for the suggested programs.
    Freda

    Freda, Nov 11, 2004
  6. Freda

    Freda Guest

    That "properties Plus program works a treat.
    Freda

    Freda, Nov 12, 2004