Date not appearing when hovering mouse over clock in sys tray

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by John, Jul 17, 2007.

  1. John

    John Guest

    For some reason when I hover the mouse over the clock, or any other icon in
    the system notification area boxes no longer appear. I have a P4 3.2gig
    running XP home.

    Is there a setting somewhere to bring the function back?

    John, Jul 17, 2007

  2. John

    meerkat Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    news:6K8ni.9676$...
    > For some reason when I hover the mouse over the clock, or any other icon
    > in the system notification area boxes no longer appear. I have a P4 3.2gig
    > running XP home.
    >
    > Is there a setting somewhere to bring the function back?

    this tip shows you how to switch the balloon msgs On/Off.

    http://www.theeldergeek.com/notification_area_balloon_tips.htm

    meerkat, Jul 17, 2007

  3. John

    Guest

    "John" <> wrote:

    >For some reason when I hover the mouse over the clock, or any other icon in
    >the system notification area boxes no longer appear. I have a P4 3.2gig
    >running XP home.
    >
    >Is there a setting somewhere to bring the function back?

    You can also set how long a hover is with power toys
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

    --
    Pagans are not happy about an enormous Homer Simpson
    painted near an ancient image.

    , Jul 17, 2007
  4. John

    Guest

    , Jul 17, 2007
  5. John

    Susan Bugher Guest

    John wrote:

    > For some reason when I hover the mouse over the clock, or any other icon in
    > the system notification area boxes no longer appear. I have a P4 3.2gig
    > running XP home.
    >
    > Is there a setting somewhere to bring the function back?

    XP here too and I lose the balloon that shows the date about once a day.
    <grrr> I can get the balloon back by right-clicking, bringing up the
    adjust date/time box and closing it again. dunno it that will work for
    you too. . .

    Susan

    Susan Bugher, Jul 18, 2007