    Any other changes I make to a song file such as renaming, etc., doesn't do
    this. Any idea what's causing this and how to correct it?
    TIA
    1D10T, Jan 8, 2009

  2. 1D10T

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 13:41:51 -0600, "1D10T" <> wrote:

    >Whenever I use Window Media Player to hear a song, the next time I look in
    >the song's folder the "Date Modified" is changed to the date it was played.
    >Any other changes I make to a song file such as renaming, etc., doesn't do
    >this. Any idea what's causing this and how to correct it?

    Windows Media Player is causing it.

    I just tried this in Winamp, doesn't change the date modified.
    Evan Platt, Jan 8, 2009

  3. 1D10T

    thanatoid Guest

    "1D10T" <> wrote in

    > Whenever I use Window Media Player to hear a song, the next
    > time I look in the song's folder the "Date Modified" is
    > changed to the date it was played. Any other changes I make
    > to a song file such as renaming, etc., doesn't do this. Any
    > idea what's causing this and how to correct it? TIA

    I don't use the above-mentioned spyware/torture device, but I
    would not be surprised if this function didn't have something to
    do with current or future (I am not au courant about this stuff)
    plans to make the song unplayable after a certain period of
    time.

    Long live the dollar.
    thanatoid, Jan 9, 2009