Date missing from message headers

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Danny Colyer, Apr 24, 2004.

  1. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    I installed Mozilla 1.6 a few days ago to try out the news and mail
    reader. I'm very happy with it, now that I've found my way around, but
    yesterday I noticed that my received e-mail headers contained only
    times, no dates (they had been fine up until that point).

    I first assumed it was a problem with my mailserver, then I noticed the
    same problem with newsgroups. I downloaded the same news posts in OE6
    and the dates are fine there, so the problem seems to be with Mozilla.

    Then I discovered Thunderbird 0.5, which I tried and made my default
    mail/newsreader. But it has the same problem.

    Any ideas what might cause this? I've found nothing with Google. I'm
    using W2K and I believe the only significant change I made to Mozilla
    after installing it was to install the Walnut theme.

    <url:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/>

    Danny Colyer, Apr 24, 2004

  2. Danny Colyer writes:

    > I installed Mozilla 1.6 a few days ago to try out the news and mail
    > reader. I'm very happy with it, now that I've found my way around, but
    > yesterday I noticed that my received e-mail headers contained only
    > times, no dates (they had been fine up until that point).
    >
    > I first assumed it was a problem with my mailserver, then I noticed the
    > same problem with newsgroups. I downloaded the same news posts in OE6
    > and the dates are fine there, so the problem seems to be with Mozilla.
    >
    > Then I discovered Thunderbird 0.5, which I tried and made my default
    > mail/newsreader. But it has the same problem.
    >
    > Any ideas what might cause this? I've found nothing with Google. I'm
    > using W2K and I believe the only significant change I made to Mozilla
    > after installing it was to install the Walnut theme.

    It's a feature. Anything dated today will display just the time,
    anything dated yesterday or before will display both the date and time.

    --
    Good judgment comes from experience.
    Experience comes from bad judgment.

    Caffeine Junkie, Apr 24, 2004

  3. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    I wrote:
    >> yesterday I noticed that my received e-mail headers contained only
    >> times, no dates (they had been fine up until that point).

    and Caffeine Junkie advised:
    > It's a feature. Anything dated today will display just the time,
    > anything dated yesterday or before will display both the date and time.

    Yup, I can see that yesterday's messages now display a date. Perhaps
    I'd have picked up on this quicker if I hadn't done most of my initial
    testing at about midnight on successive days!

    Anyway, it's a great relief to know I'm not actually losing header
    information. Thanks.

    <url:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/>

    Danny Colyer, Apr 25, 2004