Database help

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by SharkFOA, Oct 20, 2003.

  1. SharkFOA

    SharkFOA Guest

    Hi all,

    Hoping that I can get some help here as I've tried the other newsgroups and
    had no joy. I'm building a booking database and have one problem. What i
    need to have happen is a report/query/pivottable show that a certain
    facility, say, M1 is booked between the 20/10/03 - 25/10/03. It should look
    something like this:

    20/10/03 21/10/03 22/10/03 23/10/03 24/10/03 25/10/03
    M1 x x x x
    x x

    I've tried newsgroups,google,websites and no luck.

    Any or all help/suggestions appreciated. I'm running XP & Access 2003.

    Cheers,

    SharkFOA, Oct 20, 2003

  2. "SharkFOA" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Hoping that I can get some help here as I've tried the other newsgroups

    and
    > had no joy. I'm building a booking database and have one problem. What i
    > need to have happen is a report/query/pivottable show that a certain
    > facility, say, M1 is booked between the 20/10/03 - 25/10/03. It should

    look
    > something like this:
    >
    > 20/10/03 21/10/03 22/10/03 23/10/03 24/10/03 25/10/03
    > M1 x x x

    > x x
    >

    > I've tried newsgroups,google,websites and no luck.
    >

    > Any or all help/suggestions appreciated. I'm running XP & Access 2003.
    >

    > Cheers,

    Could you use Excel to query the database and return the start and finish
    dates for each booking ? It's a 5 minute job to use Excel functions to
    provide the report you want.

    Brett Roberts, Oct 20, 2003

  3. SharkFOA

    SharkFOA Guest

    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > Hoping that I can get some help here as I've tried the other newsgroups

    > and
    > > had no joy. I'm building a booking database and have one problem. What i
    > > need to have happen is a report/query/pivottable show that a certain
    > > facility, say, M1 is booked between the 20/10/03 - 25/10/03. It should

    > look
    > > something like this:
    > >
    > > 20/10/03 21/10/03 22/10/03 23/10/03 24/10/03

    25/10/03
    > > M1 x x x

    > > x x
    > >

    > > I've tried newsgroups,google,websites and no luck.
    > >

    > > Any or all help/suggestions appreciated. I'm running XP & Access 2003.
    > >

    > > Cheers,
    > >

    > Could you use Excel to query the database and return the start and finish
    > dates for each booking ? It's a 5 minute job to use Excel functions to
    > provide the report you want.

    Hi Brett,

    Thanks for the response. How do you get the x's in the cells though? That's
    the problem I have. What functions would you use?

    --
    SharkFOA

    SharkFOA, Oct 20, 2003
  4. "SharkFOA" <> wrote in message news:...

    > "Brett Roberts" <> wrote in message
    > > "SharkFOA" <> wrote in message

    > > > Hi all,
    > > >
    > > > Hoping that I can get some help here as I've tried the other

    newsgroups
    > > and
    > > > had no joy. I'm building a booking database and have one problem. What

    > > > need to have happen is a report/query/pivottable show that a certain
    > > > facility, say, M1 is booked between the 20/10/03 - 25/10/03. It should

    > > look
    > > > something like this:
    > > >
    > > > 20/10/03 21/10/03 22/10/03 23/10/03 24/10/03

    > 25/10/03
    > > > M1 x x x

    > > > x x
    > > >

    > > > I've tried newsgroups,google,websites and no luck.
    > > >

    > > > Any or all help/suggestions appreciated. I'm running XP & Access 2003.
    > > >

    > > > Cheers,
    > > >

    > > Could you use Excel to query the database and return the start and

    finish
    > > dates for each booking ? It's a 5 minute job to use Excel functions to
    > > provide the report you want.
    > >

    > Hi Brett,
    >
    > Thanks for the response. How do you get the x's in the cells though?

    That's
    > the problem I have. What functions would you use?
    >

    > --
    > SharkFOA

    if you phone me on 09 3575800 (hit 3 when the IVR kicks in) and give me your
    email address I'll send you the s'sheet I built

    Brett Roberts, Oct 20, 2003
  5. SharkFOA

    Matt B Guest

    "SharkFOA" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Hoping that I can get some help here as I've tried the other newsgroups

    and
    > had no joy. I'm building a booking database and have one problem. What i
    > need to have happen is a report/query/pivottable show that a certain
    > facility, say, M1 is booked between the 20/10/03 - 25/10/03. It should

    look
    > something like this:
    >
    > 20/10/03 21/10/03 22/10/03 23/10/03 24/10/03 25/10/03
    > M1 x x x

    > x x
    >

    > I've tried newsgroups,google,websites and no luck.
    >

    > Any or all help/suggestions appreciated. I'm running XP & Access 2003.

    Yeah, I've done this. If you're not in a hurry & can wait until I get to my
    dev machine I'll send you some VBA that checks for date conflicts - I did it
    for pricing info over different date periods (from-to) that you should be
    able to modify for your needs.

    --
    Regards,

    Matt B

    Matt B, Oct 21, 2003
  6. SharkFOA

    SharkFOA Guest

    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > Hoping that I can get some help here as I've tried the other newsgroups

    > and
    > > had no joy. I'm building a booking database and have one problem. What i
    > > need to have happen is a report/query/pivottable show that a certain
    > > facility, say, M1 is booked between the 20/10/03 - 25/10/03. It should

    > look
    > > something like this:
    > >
    > > 20/10/03 21/10/03 22/10/03 23/10/03 24/10/03

    25/10/03
    > > M1 x x x

    > > x x
    > >

    > > I've tried newsgroups,google,websites and no luck.
    > >

    > > Any or all help/suggestions appreciated. I'm running XP & Access 2003.
    > >

    > Yeah, I've done this. If you're not in a hurry & can wait until I get to

    my
    > dev machine I'll send you some VBA that checks for date conflicts - I did

    it
    > for pricing info over different date periods (from-to) that you should be
    > able to modify for your needs.

    Thanks for that Matt. I think yours might be a little advanced for my feeble
    skills. I've only just learnt how to spell VBA and SQL is a mystery to me
    also. Brett kindly sent me a spreadsheet which has given me a start and I
    just need to work out how to enable it for multiple bookins on the same
    room. Once I've got it sussed in Excel I should be able to BS my way through
    the rest, by linking and creating a form in Access.I can do it in pivot
    table in Access but again getting the $%** x's in the box is the problem!

    --
    SharkFOA

    SharkFOA, Oct 21, 2003
  7. SharkFOA

    Matt B Guest

    "SharkFOA" <> wrote in message

    > "Matt B" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "SharkFOA" <> wrote in message

    > > > Hi all,
    > > >
    > > > Hoping that I can get some help here as I've tried the other

    newsgroups
    > > and
    > > > had no joy. I'm building a booking database and have one problem. What

    > > > need to have happen is a report/query/pivottable show that a certain
    > > > facility, say, M1 is booked between the 20/10/03 - 25/10/03. It should

    > > look
    > > > something like this:
    > > >
    > > > 20/10/03 21/10/03 22/10/03 23/10/03 24/10/03

    > 25/10/03
    > > > M1 x x x

    > > > x x
    > > >

    > > > I've tried newsgroups,google,websites and no luck.
    > > >

    > > > Any or all help/suggestions appreciated. I'm running XP & Access 2003.
    > > >

    > > Yeah, I've done this. If you're not in a hurry & can wait until I get to

    > my
    > > dev machine I'll send you some VBA that checks for date conflicts - I

    did
    > it
    > > for pricing info over different date periods (from-to) that you should

    be
    > > able to modify for your needs.

    > Thanks for that Matt. I think yours might be a little advanced for my

    feeble
    > skills. I've only just learnt how to spell VBA and SQL is a mystery to me
    > also. Brett kindly sent me a spreadsheet which has given me a start and I
    > just need to work out how to enable it for multiple bookins on the same
    > room. Once I've got it sussed in Excel I should be able to BS my way

    through
    > the rest, by linking and creating a form in Access.I can do it in pivot
    > table in Access but again getting the $%** x's in the box is the problem!

    OK. Sing out if you change your mind.

    Regards...

    Matt B

    Matt B, Oct 21, 2003
  8. SharkFOA

    T-Boy Guest

    In article <RN3lb.185470$>,
    Tnz says...

    > "SharkFOA" <> wrote in message news:...
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > Hoping that I can get some help here as I've tried the other newsgroups

    > and
    > > had no joy. I'm building a booking database and have one problem. What i
    > > need to have happen is a report/query/pivottable show that a certain
    > > facility, say, M1 is booked between the 20/10/03 - 25/10/03. It should

    > look
    > > something like this:
    > >
    > > 20/10/03 21/10/03 22/10/03 23/10/03 24/10/03 25/10/03
    > > M1 x x x

    > > x x
    > >

    > > I've tried newsgroups,google,websites and no luck.
    > >

    > > Any or all help/suggestions appreciated. I'm running XP & Access 2003.
    > >

    > Yeah, I've done this. If you're not in a hurry & can wait until I get to my
    > dev machine I'll send you some VBA that checks for date conflicts - I did it

    Um.. why??? (hint: have you tried entering an invalid date into an
    Access Datetime field ?)

    --
    Duncan

    T-Boy, Oct 22, 2003
  9. SharkFOA

    SharkFOA Guest

    "Matt B" <> wrote in message

    > "SharkFOA" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Matt B" <> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > "SharkFOA" <> wrote in message

    > newsgroups
    > > > and

    What

    should
    > > > look

    > > 25/10/03

    2003.

    > > > Yeah, I've done this. If you're not in a hurry & can wait until I get

    > > my
    > > > dev machine I'll send you some VBA that checks for date conflicts - I

    > did
    > > it
    > > > for pricing info over different date periods (from-to) that you should

    > be
    > > > able to modify for your needs.

    > > Thanks for that Matt. I think yours might be a little advanced for my

    > feeble
    > > skills. I've only just learnt how to spell VBA and SQL is a mystery to

    me
    > > also. Brett kindly sent me a spreadsheet which has given me a start and

    > > just need to work out how to enable it for multiple bookins on the same
    > > room. Once I've got it sussed in Excel I should be able to BS my way

    > through
    > > the rest, by linking and creating a form in Access.I can do it in pivot
    > > table in Access but again getting the $%** x's in the box is the

    problem!

    > OK. Sing out if you change your mind.

    Hi Matt,

    I'm almost there but I need to know how to make a table that generates
    dates. That is my queries are based on a BookedDate table. I can import all
    the dates from Excel but there are two many for my crosstab query. Is there
    a simple way of creating this?

    --
    SharkFOA

    SharkFOA, Oct 22, 2003