    This used to work like a charm for the past 2 years. What the hell is
    happening ?

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    Gilles Garrigues, May 24, 2008

  2. If you logon both computers using the same administrator account with the
    same password, can you access it?

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), May 24, 2008

  3. Re: Data transfer works only one-way ?! SOLVED !

    Thanks Bob for your help. However administrator rights are not the problem.

    I Googled a little bit (should have started there) and found out that the
    reason originates from installing Acronis True Image 11 on laptop 2.
    The workaround: use regedit and create a new key "IRPStackSize" with a value
    18 or higher in
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters
    No wonder I could't solve it myself :))

    BTW this can also happen with some Anti-Virus softs.
    news: ...

    Gilles Garrigues, May 25, 2008
  4. Re: Data transfer works only one-way ?! SOLVED !

    Thank you for the update.

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), May 25, 2008