    problem due to size restrictions. How can I send files from mine to his
    fast? We both have broadband and I would like to take advantage of that.
    Please help! Any ideas?
    The Real Slim Baby, Aug 13, 2004

  2. The Real Slim Baby

    Brian Guest

    "The Real Slim Baby" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hi, I would like to send files from my computer along the internet to my
    > dads computer. I think msn is to slow and sending emails can be a bit of a
    > problem due to size restrictions. How can I send files from mine to his
    > fast? We both have broadband and I would like to take advantage of that.
    > Please help! Any ideas?

    tell us first which connection speeds you have.. ie. 1024/256.. then tell us
    with which speed msn is sending it... do you have p2p progs running at the
    same time you send something to your dad etc..
    Brian, Aug 13, 2004

  3. The Real Slim Baby

    > Hi, I would like to send files from my computer along the internet to my
    > dads computer. I think msn is to slow and sending emails can be a bit of a
    > problem due to size restrictions. How can I send files from mine to his
    > fast? We both have broadband and I would like to take advantage of that.
    > Please help! Any ideas?

    and i sincerely hope that you are not one of these broadband junkies who
    thinks that just because your father has a downstream of 768 that you are
    gonna be able to "push" files to him at that speed.. if so, put the dunce's
    hat on!
    Brian, Aug 13, 2004
  4. The Real Slim Baby

    ArtKramr Guest

    >Subject: Data transfer help?
    >From: "The Real Slim Baby"
    >Date: 8/13/2004 3:59 AM Pacific Standard Time
    >
    >Hi, I would like to send files from my computer along the internet to my
    >dads computer. I think msn is to slow and sending emails can be a bit of a
    >problem due to size restrictions. How can I send files from mine to his
    >fast? We both have broadband and I would like to take advantage of that.
    >Please help! Any ideas?

    Just cut and oaste the files into an e-mail and e-mail them to him. Simple.

    Arthur Kramer
    344th BG 494th BS
    Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
    http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer
    ArtKramr, Aug 13, 2004
  5. The Real Slim Baby

    James Baber Guest

    ArtKramr wrote:
    >>Subject: Data transfer help?
    >>From: "The Real Slim Baby"
    >>Date: 8/13/2004 3:59 AM Pacific Standard Time
    >>
    >>Hi, I would like to send files from my computer along the internet to my
    >>dads computer. I think msn is to slow and sending emails can be a bit of a
    >>problem due to size restrictions. How can I send files from mine to his
    >>fast? We both have broadband and I would like to take advantage of that.
    >>Please help! Any ideas?

    > Just cut and oaste the files into an e-mail and e-mail them to him. Simple.

    No cut ___ use COPY (you do not want to remove them!!)

    If you really do want to remove these files from your computer, make sure he has
    gotten the first!! THEN manually delete them yourself.

    Also, I strongly suggest that you both obtain WIN ZIP or an equivalent product
    and use it to ZIP up the file(s) you are sending. It isn't hard, and will save
    you a lot of time. One of my files will compress by 90% reducing a 20Mbyte
    excel spreadsheet to 2Mbytes (which is less than a 5Mbyte limit of my customer's
    ISP).

    OK, the recipient must unzip the files before them before they be used, but
    zipping and unzipping are so quick you won't even notice it happening.

    --

    Jim Baber

    (see my 10kW grid tied solar system at "www.baber.org")

    1350 W Mesa Ave.
    Fresno CA, 93711
    (559) 435-9068
    (559) 905-2204 cell

    Email
    James Baber, Aug 13, 2004
  6. The Real Slim Baby

    Tsun Szu Guest

    Yahoomail now comes free with 100mb space for . Are u aware of that? I think
    100mb is quite sufficient to send files by Yahoomail. Just attached the
    files to your email and send.
    Tsun Szu, Aug 14, 2004