    setting up my connections to other databases, I notice that the only driver
    listed is SQL Server. How can I get the other ODBC drivers listed that
    appear in the 32 bit version of XP pro?
    =?Utf-8?B?VG9tbXlC?=, Jan 11, 2006

  2. This may help...
    ==========
    From a post by Pascal Deliot:

    It's important to understand which kind of DSN you have. On an x64 system,
    you can create an ODBC connection(DSN) on the 32-bit side of the system or
    on the 64-bit side of the system.

    32-bit applications will only see ODBC connections created in the 32-bit
    side, and 64-bits applications will only see ODBC connections from the
    64-bit side. Each kind of application has is own registry.

    To setup DSN for 32-bit application you must use:
    %WINDIR%\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe
    and for 64-bit application you must use:
    %WINDIR%\System32\odbcad32.exe

    HTH

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 11, 2006

  3. From Pascal with love:
    On an Windows 2003 SP1 x64 you can create a odbc connection on 32bit side of
    the system or on the 64bit side of the system.

    And a 32 bit application will only see 32bit side ODBC connection and a
    64bits application only the 64bit side ODBC connection.
    Each kind of application has is own registry.

    To setup an ODBC link for 32bit application you must use
    C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe and for 64bit application you must use
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\odbcad32.exe

    I hope this will help you;

    Regards,

    Pascal Deliot