    I tried with Ontrack EasyRecovery Professional 6.03(registered version)
    and no success.

    Thank you !

    kwteq, Jul 25, 2004

  2. kwteq

    Danny Kile Guest

    kwteq wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I need advice, I used gdisk.exe to remove the partition (FAT32) of a
    > hard disk and to create a new one (FAT32) and format it.
    > After that I didn't use the new partition.
    >
    > Now I need to recover some data that was on the older partition, what
    > can I do.
    >
    > I tried with Ontrack EasyRecovery Professional 6.03(registered version)
    > and no success.
    >
    > Thank you !

    You are kinda SOL, unless you use a data recovery service.
    Would be rather expensive though.

    http://www.ecodatarecovery.com/index.html?wcw=google

    http://www.drivesavers.com/index4.html

    --
    Danny Kile
    Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY

    "Dogs come when they're called, CATS take a message and get back to
    you." Mary Bly

    Danny Kile, Jul 25, 2004

  3. kwteq

    radical Guest

    You might try this http://www.lc-tech.com/forensic_suite.htm

    radical, Jul 25, 2004
  4. kwteq

    J Guest

    I have had experience with that program, Get Data Back [for FAT32], and it
    works, but it will not perform miracles...You will likely get what u need
    from the partition if you have not written over it. But I have noticed that
    some parts of the file become corrupted sometimes...for instance, if u
    restored an mp3 file, you would probably hear "discrepancies" in the song
    during playback.

    "Mark Mandell" <> wrote in message

    > "kwteq" <> wrote in message
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I need advice, I used gdisk.exe to remove the partition (FAT32) of a
    > > hard disk and to create a new one (FAT32) and format it.
    > > After that I didn't use the new partition.
    > >
    > > Now I need to recover some data that was on the older partition, what
    > > can I do.
    > >
    > > I tried with Ontrack EasyRecovery Professional 6.03(registered version)
    > > and no success.
    > >
    > > Thank you !

    > I've heard about a program , "Get data back" but have no personal

    experience

    J, Jul 26, 2004
  5. kwteq

    Nigel Guest

    I have some success with Recover My Files. (http://www.recovermyfiles.com/)

    Nigel Page A+ Certified Professional

    "J" <> wrote in message
    > I have had experience with that program, Get Data Back [for FAT32], and it
    > works, but it will not perform miracles...You will likely get what u need
    > from the partition if you have not written over it. But I have noticed

    that
    > some parts of the file become corrupted sometimes...for instance, if u
    > restored an mp3 file, you would probably hear "discrepancies" in the song
    > during playback.

    > "Mark Mandell" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "kwteq" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hello,
    > > >
    > > > I need advice, I used gdisk.exe to remove the partition (FAT32) of a
    > > > hard disk and to create a new one (FAT32) and format it.
    > > > After that I didn't use the new partition.
    > > >
    > > > Now I need to recover some data that was on the older partition, what
    > > > can I do.
    > > >
    > > > I tried with Ontrack EasyRecovery Professional 6.03(registered

    version)
    > > > and no success.
    > > >
    > > > Thank you !

    > > I've heard about a program , "Get data back" but have no personal

    > experience
    > > with it. But it has been recommended by one of the top geeks over at
    > > www.pcguide.com so I would think it's pretty good.

    ---

    Nigel, Jul 26, 2004