    How would I go about offering data recovery to my customers?
    What software/hardware would I need, and how would the recovery be performed?

    Rob, A+

    Magnum, Nov 7, 2003

  2. Magnum

    Geoff Guest

    Magnum wrote:
    > How would I go about offering data recovery to my customers?
    > What software/hardware would I need, and how would the recovery be
    > performed?
    >
    > Rob, A+

    i don't think that would be a good idea
    you can do basic file recovery, like, putting a hard drive in another
    computer to access it
    or maybe swapping the board on the hard drive to get it working

    after that it gets more advanced, like removing the disk platters on a new
    motor and changing the heads
    and then having currupt data which you have to construct manualy in the case
    of the platters being damaged (if you want to go this far you need a multi
    million dollor clean room for starters :) )

    Geoff, Nov 7, 2003

  3. Magnum

    Slammer Guest

    You might want to get a little more then A+, under your belt first, computer
    forensics is pretty involved.

    --
    Slammer
    MCSA, CNA5, iNet+, Server+, Net+, A+,

    Slammer, Nov 7, 2003
  4. Magnum

    Ghost Guest

    In article <>,
    (Magnum) wrote:

    > How would I go about offering data recovery to my customers?
    > What software/hardware would I need, and how would the recovery be performed?
    >
    > Rob, A+

    Well, first I might suggest you actually learn a little something about
    data recovery... There is much more to it than simply running a undelete
    program.

    Ghost, Nov 8, 2003