    thanks
    --
    Moore Margaret aka Margaret_1964 at
    Moore Margaret, May 4, 2010

  2. Moore Margaret

    Regis Guest

    "Moore Margaret" <> writes:

    > Howdy
    >
    > I've deleted my wedding photos and I need to get it back!
    >
    > I was looking for a software that could find my deleted files
    > on my NTFS drive and it seems only StrongRecovery could
    > find it, but it's only demo version, does anyone else ever use it?
    >
    > http://www.strongrecovery.com
    >
    > Is it any good? Should I buy it or should I use other software?

    Give OnTrack a try.

    http://www.ontrackdatarecovery.com/

    If software can't do it, they have advanced data recovery services
    where they can take apart the drive.
    Regis, May 4, 2010

  3. Moore Margaret

    Regis Guest

    za kAT <> writes:

    > On Tue, 4 May 2010 14:26:26 +0200, Moore Margaret wrote:
    >
    >> Howdy
    >>
    >> I've deleted my wedding photos and I need to get it back!
    >>
    >> I was looking for a software that could find my deleted files
    >> on my NTFS drive and it seems only StrongRecovery could
    >> find it, but it's only demo version, does anyone else ever use it?
    >>
    >> http://www.strongrecovery.com
    >>
    >> Is it any good? Should I buy it or should I use other software?
    >>
    >> thanks

    > alt.comp.freeware

    What could possibly go wrong?
    Regis, May 4, 2010
  4. Moore Margaret

    unruh Guest

    On 2010-05-04, ~BD~ <BoaterDave@hotmail> wrote:
    > Moore Margaret wrote:
    >> Howdy
    >>
    >> I've deleted my wedding photos and I need to get it back!
    >>
    >> I was looking for a software that could find my deleted files
    >> on my NTFS drive and it seems only StrongRecovery could
    >> find it, but it's only demo version, does anyone else ever use it?
    >>
    >> http://www.strongrecovery.com
    >>
    >> Is it any good? Should I buy it or should I use other software?
    >>
    >> thanks
    >> --
    >> Moore Margaret aka Margaret_1964 at
    >>

    > Hello Margaret
    >
    > I've had success with a programme called 'Recuva'
    >
    > Brief details may be found here: http://www.piriform.com/products
    >
    > It's good - and it's free!
    >
    > Perhaps you'll try it and let us know how you fare?

    IF you really value those photographs, immediately shut down your
    computer, take out the hard drive and made an exact copy of it (eg using
    dd) to another drive. That way you will not destroy while you are trying
    to recover. It is crucial that the drive (or at the very least the
    partition) not be used for anything before trying to recover.

    And while it does you no good now, in future invest in backups so you do
    not have to go through this again. (Eg, use the drive that you buy to
    make the copy of the present disk as a "backup disk" which you use to
    store a backup-- eg run automatically every night with rsync without
    the delete option.

    unruh, May 4, 2010
  5. Moore Margaret wrote:
    <snip>
    > Is it any good? Should I buy it or should I use other software?
    >
    > thanks

    I will never know now as I don't do business with spammers.

    n0i
    thund3rstruck, May 4, 2010
  6. Moore Margaret

    VanguardLH Guest

    Moore Margaret wrote:

    > Howdy
    >
    > I've deleted my wedding photos and I need to get it back!
    >
    > I was looking for a software that could find my deleted files
    > on my NTFS drive and it seems only StrongRecovery could
    > find it, but it's only demo version, does anyone else ever use it?
    >
    > http:// www. str?ngrec?very. com
    >
    > Is it any good? Should I buy it or should I use other software?
    >
    > thanks

    Yes, spammer-impersonating-as-a-user, use something else. There are plenty
    of free choices, like Recuva.
    VanguardLH, May 5, 2010