    looking to get a good piece of software, as I've been comming across this
    problem more and more. thanks

    -Nick

    Nick, Jun 15, 2006

  2. Nick

    JTJersey Guest

    On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 13:44:05 -0400, Nick wrote:

    > Hi, I have posted a few times on here and I was wondering what peopel
    > use for data recovery (say, the MBR or FAT goes bad, or files are
    > deleted) I'm looking for good software that can reover lost data. just
    > wondering what people are using, or have used and what does and doesn't
    > work. I know not all data can be recovered (if the drive physically dies
    > for example) but looking to get a good piece of software, as I've been
    > comming across this problem more and more. thanks
    >
    > -Nick

    Directory Snoop reads both FAT32 and NTFS partitions and can recover most
    anything recoverable as long as the hard drive is still spinning. I've
    use it to reclaim several years of photographs that a customer never
    bothered to back up and his hard drive crashed. It was still spinning,
    however and Directory Snoop let me reclaim all his family photo's even
    though the drive was no longer bootable. There are probably dozens of good
    programs out there, but I've used this one for years and know what it can
    do. Good luck.

    --
    Registered Linux User #267152

    JTJersey, Jun 16, 2006

  3. Nick

    JTJersey Guest

    JTJersey, Jun 16, 2006
  4. Nick

    bambam Guest

    On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 13:44:05 -0400, Nick wrote:

    > Hi, I have posted a few times on here and I was wondering what peopel use
    > for data recovery (say, the MBR or FAT goes bad, or files are deleted) I'm
    > looking for good software that can reover lost data. just wondering what
    > people are using, or have used and what does and doesn't work. I know not
    > all data can be recovered (if the drive physically dies for example) but
    > looking to get a good piece of software, as I've been comming across this
    > problem more and more. thanks

    To install on your computer-

    http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm

    To install and run from your flash drive-

    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/restoration.html

    To try and recover files from a damaged drive-

    http://www.roadkil.net/unstopcp.html

    All are freeware.

    More-

    http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/P_FILEUTILITIES.php#3.30Files:Undelete