Data recovery problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by kevin_476, Feb 15, 2007.

  1. kevin_476

    kevin_476 Guest

    I posted last week about my computer (15" pbook g4 1.33 GHz) crashing.
    called Mac outfitters today to see how the repairs/stauts was on m
    machine. They said that the hard drive needs replaced as well as th
    optical drive (I just had a new optical drive installed 6 months ago!)
    They said they tried a few ways to get the data off but that they nee
    to try several other things, too. Apparently there hasn't been any dat
    retrieved thus far. As you can imagine I’m really nervous/upset/worrie
    about this. I have heard through several people that there is always
    way to get the data off and that sometimes you have to send it away t
    a company that specializes in this. I guess my question is: do thes
    places really work? I really don't care what the price is...I just nee
    all of my lost data. Any thoughts or recommendations of a place to sen
    my hard drive if Mac outfitters cannot successfully mine my data

    --
    kevin_47
    kevin_476's Profile: http://www.futurehardware.in/member.php?userid=78

    Future Hardware - http://www.futurehardware.i

    kevin_476, Feb 15, 2007

  2. kevin_476

    Mistoffolees Guest

    kevin_476 wrote:

    > I posted last week about my computer (15" pbook g4 1.33 GHz) crashing. I
    > called Mac outfitters today to see how the repairs/stauts was on my
    > machine. They said that the hard drive needs replaced as well as the
    > optical drive (I just had a new optical drive installed 6 months ago!).
    > They said they tried a few ways to get the data off but that they need
    > to try several other things, too. Apparently there hasn't been any data
    > retrieved thus far. As you can imagine I’m really nervous/upset/worried
    > about this. I have heard through several people that there is always a
    > way to get the data off and that sometimes you have to send it away to
    > a company that specializes in this. I guess my question is: do these
    > places really work? I really don't care what the price is...I just need
    > all of my lost data. Any thoughts or recommendations of a place to send
    > my hard drive if Mac outfitters cannot successfully mine my data?

    If the technies have not figured out how to get the data out of the hard
    drive, then the time is now to get it out of their hands and into those of
    a professional data recovery outfit. Period. Look in advertisement pages of
    any computer magazine, the Yellow pages; do a Google search, etc. The real
    danger is having amateurs mess up the hard drive further, making recovery
    impossible.

    Mistoffolees, Feb 15, 2007

  3. kevin_476

    aaron_us96 Guest

    Yes, these places really work. They use techniques which can include th
    disassembly of the drive and direct examination of the drive surface
    Depending on just what is necessary (it is unlikely that your driv
    requires anything that extreme, but hard drives that have been throug
    fires often do), it could be several thousand dollars. I most certainl
    hope more conventional methods of data recovery will prove effective
    There are many companies doing data recovery services. Try Salvag
    Recovery Lab. I contacted them once and I got my problem solved. The
    got 90% of my data back. I was extremely happy to get my data back
    You can call them at 1 203-973-0242. I think you will have to send th
    drive physically

    --
    aaron_us9
    aaron_us96's Profile: http://www.futurehardware.in/member.php?userid=77

    aaron_us96, Feb 16, 2007
  4. quit sending to our site unless it is needed so or i will chave you charged
    with stalking

    RANDY AND CHRISTIE EGGLESTON, Feb 17, 2007
  5. kevin_476

    Shinola Guest

    RANDY AND CHRISTIE EGGLESTON puked:

    >quit sending to our site unless it is needed so or i will chave you charged
    >with stalking

    What are you babbling about?

    Shinola, Feb 17, 2007
  6. RANDY AND CHRISTIE EGGLESTON wrote:

    > quit sending to our site unless it is needed so or i will chave you
    > charged with stalking

    The "From:" line is
    From: "RANDY AND CHRISTIE EGGLESTON" <>

    All flames and spams belong to you. Now look for the original package your
    computer came with, and take it back to the shop or donate it to a poor
    student. Don't forget to cancel your earthlink subscription as well.

    Walter Mautner, Feb 17, 2007
  7. kevin_476

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Walter Mautner wrote:
    > RANDY AND CHRISTIE EGGLESTON wrote:
    >
    >> quit sending to our site unless it is needed so or i will chave you
    >> charged with stalking

    > The "From:" line is
    > From: "RANDY AND CHRISTIE EGGLESTON" <>
    >
    > All flames and spams belong to you. Now look for the original package
    > your computer came with, and take it back to the shop or donate it to
    > a poor student. Don't forget to cancel your earthlink subscription as
    > well.

    And pick a different team. Dallas sucks.

    WhzzKdd, Feb 17, 2007