    adequete. It must be able to read UDF files.

    I hope someone can tell me I have missed a source for this software.
    , Jan 12, 2006

  2. Sjouke Burry Guest

    wrote:
    > I've searched for days at all the software sources I can find. There
    > seems to be no software offered as freeware or open source that
    > recovers UDF files from cd's. The closest I came was ISOBuster which
    > finds and displays my lost files but will not let me recover them
    > without the key which will cost me $29.00. I know someone, somewhere
    > on this planet has written software for UDF recovery and has offered it
    > on the web but they are not making it easy to find.
    >
    > I have 1 cd which got ruined and this is not worth purchasing software
    > for. I can not believe that you can find software for any use on earth
    > EXCEPT for UDF file recovery. Typical data recovery software is not
    > adequete. It must be able to read UDF files.
    >
    > I hope someone can tell me I have missed a source for this software.

    Google "data recovery freeware" first hit .
    I wonder what you tried......
    Sjouke Burry, Jan 12, 2006

  3. Guest

    Yes, theres lots of "data recovery freeware", but not for UDF files on
    a damaged cd. Anything that will read that disk (and I did find 2 or 3)
    will not allow saving the files without buying the key.
    , Jan 12, 2006
  4. Guest

    I just stumbled onto an Open Source program at
    http://www.elis.rug.ac.be/~ronsse/cdfs/. Its called CDFS. It is the
    equivalant of ISOBUSTER. Problem is, its for Linux. I haven't messed
    with Linux in a long time. Drat!!
    , Jan 12, 2006
  5. bambam Guest

    On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 19:26:11 -0800, sofasurfer wrote:

    > I've searched for days at all the software sources I can find. There
    > seems to be no software offered as freeware or open source that
    > recovers UDF files from cd's. The closest I came was ISOBuster which
    > finds and displays my lost files but will not let me recover them
    > without the key which will cost me $29.00. I know someone, somewhere
    > on this planet has written software for UDF recovery and has offered it
    > on the web but they are not making it easy to find.
    >
    > I have 1 cd which got ruined and this is not worth purchasing software
    > for. I can not believe that you can find software for any use on earth
    > EXCEPT for UDF file recovery. Typical data recovery software is not
    > adequete. It must be able to read UDF files.
    >
    > I hope someone can tell me I have missed a source for this software.

    No, I don't think you have missed anything. As far as I know, there is no
    freeware program to recover data from a packet written cd. This question
    comes up occasionally in alt.comp.freeware, a group that I have been
    reading for a few years, and I haven't seen one yet.
    ISOBuster is a very good program, you might be best to just splash out and
    buy it. ;o)
    My only other advice, don't use packet writing on cds. Best to just burn
    normal multisession cds.
    bambam, Jan 12, 2006