    steve Guest

    I'm mail list admin for a Linux user group.

    Today I had a data-mining robot subscribe to the list.

    Their web site is at www.mccmedia.com

    Their information says they analyse mailing lists and usenet to build social
    networks of people.

    I unsubscribed them after quickly consulting others on the list.

    Our list is for people who want to talk about linux with like-minded people
    in our area. It's not a data mining resource for other people to exploit
    for reasons that are unknown to us.

    Anyone else seen this?

    steve, Oct 31, 2003