    Also
    --
    SCG
    =?Utf-8?B?U0NH?=, Apr 18, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U0NH?=

    Rick Guest

    Is this error in Win x64? What program are you getting this with?

    Rick, Apr 18, 2006

  3. It comes up when I boot up my computer and goes on a good bit when explorer
    is open. I meant to post this in the general XP section - not win 64 - made
    a mistake there
    --
    SCG

    =?Utf-8?B?U0NH?=, Apr 18, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?U0NH?=

    Graham Guest

    SCG wrote:
    > It comes up when I boot up my computer and goes on a good bit when explorer
    > is open. I meant to post this in the general XP section - not win 64 - made
    > a mistake there

    Sounds like you've got an Explorer extension with problems. You can turn
    off DEP by removing the /NoExecute switch from the XP line in boot.ini.
    A better idea is to duplicate the existing line, and make the change to
    a renamed copy of the existing line, you can then select it during boot.
    Then find out what you have installed that is causing the problem and
    get it fixed.

    Graham.
    Graham, Apr 19, 2006
  5. Good thinking, Graham! This pops up here to once in a while.

    Thanks.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Apr 19, 2006
  6. If you are afraid of messing with the boot.ini file, you can easily turn it
    off for certina applications by Opening Control Panel > System > Advanced
    (tab), under "Performance" click Settings > Data Execution Prevention (tab)
    select the "Turn on DEP for all program and sevices except those I select: >
    click the Add button and browse to the application executable > OK out.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Apr 19, 2006
  7. O.K. - Thanks. It affected my notebook once and I think I ended up turning
    it off completely, intending to launch a major investigation. Sadly, it
    remained an intention, and then I happily forgot. I love alternatives, now I
    can build a strategy?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Apr 20, 2006