    relative.

    What 2 do?

    -CC

    ChrisCoaster, Sep 8, 2007

  2. ChrisCoaster

    Paul Guest

    ChrisCoaster wrote:
    > Friend's 2004 Dell Laptop.
    >
    > A notice pops up stating DEP is not working correctly, but everytime I
    > close it it reopens. Actually what happens is I close it. Then a
    > second window pops up asking me if I want to sent an error notice to
    > MS. I click "Don't Send", and the intitial DEP thing keeps
    > returning. It's preventing me from doing anything at all to make sure
    > this laptop is functional enough to ship out of the country to her
    > relative.
    >
    > What 2 do?
    >
    > -CC

    http://ask-leo.com/how_do_i_turn_off_data_execution_prevention_errors.html

    And more hits here:

    http://www.altavista.com/web/results?q=data execution prevention error

    You can also "use the big hammer", by modifying boot.ini to disable DEP
    completely. Which isn't that good from a security standpoint, but in
    an emergency, is an option.

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/prodtech/windowsxp/depcnfxp.mspx

    Paul

    Paul, Sep 8, 2007