Data Error Cyclic Redundancy Check

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Kevin Cosgrove, Nov 7, 2004.

  1. What does this mean when I try to burn a dvd
    Would appreciate help
    Kevin Cosgrove, Nov 7, 2004

  2. Kevin Cosgrove

    cowboyz Guest

    "Kevin Cosgrove" <> wrote in message
    news:fpjjd.4626$...
    > What does this mean when I try to burn a dvd
    > Would appreciate help

    basically means your dvd is buggered. scratched or fingerprints can throw a
    CRC error. Use different media and you might get better results too.
    cowboyz, Nov 7, 2004

  3. cowboyz wrote:
    >>What does this mean when I try to burn a dvd
    >>Would appreciate help

    > basically means your dvd is buggered. scratched or fingerprints can throw a
    > CRC error. Use different media and you might get better results too.

    buggered drive can also give the same thing.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 8, 2004
  4. Kevin Cosgrove

    cowboyz Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > cowboyz wrote:
    >>> What does this mean when I try to burn a dvd
    >>> Would appreciate help

    >> basically means your dvd is buggered. scratched or fingerprints can
    >> throw a CRC error. Use different media and you might get better
    >> results too.

    > buggered drive can also give the same thing.

    yeah, but that is the pessimitic way of looking at it ;-)
    cowboyz, Nov 8, 2004
  5. cowboyz wrote:

    >>>basically means your dvd is buggered. scratched or fingerprints can
    >>>throw a CRC error. Use different media and you might get better
    >>>results too.

    >>buggered drive can also give the same thing.

    > yeah, but that is the pessimitic way of looking at it ;-)

    well after looking online and biffing out ~40 CDRs, I thought, "hmmm,
    maybe it's the drive."
    so I think it would have been almost ceaper for me to suspect the drive
    first. :)

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 8, 2004
  6. Kevin Cosgrove

    cowboyz Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    >>> buggered drive can also give the same thing.

    >> yeah, but that is the pessimitic way of looking at it ;-)

    > well after looking online and biffing out ~40 CDRs, I thought, "hmmm,
    > maybe it's the drive."
    > so I think it would have been almost ceaper for me to suspect the
    > drive first. :)

    heh, 40 huh? Don't catch on too quick do ya there Dave.
    cowboyz, Nov 8, 2004
  7. cowboyz wrote:
    >>well after looking online and biffing out ~40 CDRs, I thought, "hmmm,
    >>maybe it's the drive."
    >>so I think it would have been almost ceaper for me to suspect the
    >>drive first. :)

    > heh, 40 huh? Don't catch on too quick do ya there Dave.

    they had been sitting in a room that averaged 35C and always had really
    bright sun light... I figured that they were stuffed.

    umm, and no, I dont. :/

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz