    Been looking for a good resource for this with-out much success.

    Help will be appreciated.

    Thank you,

    GFS, Mar 18, 2007

  2. GFS

    Guest

    On Mar 18, 4:45 pm, GFS <> wrote:
    > I am dual booting XP and Vista with each on its own partition whereas
    > when booted that partition becomes active and is Root or C:\. XP is my
    > original and most used operating system and Thunderbirds %AppData% is
    > relative to that boot. I would like Thunderbird to run from Vista and
    > use that same data leaving the usability of Thunderbird stable Under
    > Either Boot.
    >
    > Been looking for a good resource for this with-out much success.
    >
    > Help will be appreciated.
    >
    > Thank you,

    All your settings, prefs, mail, etc, are stored in an area called the
    TB profile. You can use this profile between xp and vista. Just
    don't use the same profile at the same time between the two OSs.

    First, install TB on vista as well. Then don't start it yet.
    Instead, click on Start, Run and enter:

    thunderbird.exe -p

    this will bring up the TB profile manager. Now use this to point to
    the profile on the XP.

    , Mar 19, 2007