    Could someone clarify this for me?

    Thanks.
    Donny

    Donny, Mar 1, 2005

  2. Donny

    Lonny Bruce Guest

    Same book, page 86, second paragraph explains it:

    "The inclusion of the L2 cache on the chip gave rise to some new terms to
    describe the connections between the CPU, Northbridge, RAM and L2 cache.
    The address bus and external data bus are now lumped between the CPU,
    Northbridge, and RAM into a single term called the FRONTSIDE BUS, and the
    connection between the CPU and the L2 cache into the term BACKSIDE BUS."

    Lonny

    --
    Enjoy my new sailing web site
    http://sail247.com