    My OS is Windows ME Explorer 5.5
    Thanks in advance
    JD

    JD, Jan 17, 2004

  2. JD

    Unk Guest

    Left-click any .dat file to select it, press and hold down the shift key and
    then right-click the file again. From the context menu select "Open
    With....", scroll down to "Notepad.exe", check the box, "Always use the
    selected program to open this kind of file:", and click "OK"

    Unk, Jan 17, 2004

  3. JD

    JD Guest

    "Unk" <> wrote in message
    > Left-click any .dat file to select it, press and hold down the shift

    key and
    > then right-click the file again. From the context menu select "Open
    > With....", scroll down to "Notepad.exe", check the box, "Always use

    the
    > selected program to open this kind of file:", and click "OK"
    >

    > On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 05:58:02 GMT, "JD"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >I just installed Nero 6 Demo. All of my.dat files are now Nero

    files,
    > >all 602 of them. I would like to know if this is normal after
    > >installing Nero.
    > >
    > >Personally I don't like programs taking over files. I deselected

    all
    > >of Nero's file associations but the dat's still are Nero files.
    > >Everything is working okay, I would just like to have an

    explanation
    > >of why this happens, and other than uninstalling Nero, can the file
    > >association be changed back to the way it always was.
    > >
    > >My OS is Windows ME Explorer 5.5
    > >Thanks in advance
    > >JD

    Thanks Unk. It worked. Does anyone Recommend Nero 6 or is there
    a better program?

    JD

    JD, Jan 17, 2004
  4. JD

    Unk Guest

    You're welcome.
    I prefer NTI CD&DVD-Maker, but that's just me.
    http://www.ntius.com/default.asp?p=download/download_prod&prod=cdm6

    Unk, Jan 17, 2004
  5. JD

    B.Al.Zeebub Guest

    On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 08:03:21 +0000, JD pecked at a keyboard:
    > Thanks Unk. It worked. Does anyone Recommend Nero 6 or is there
    > a better program?
    >
    > JD

    This one works quite well and includes a handy little CD ripper/mp3/ogg
    encoder too.
    http://hem.bredband.net/cdburnerxp/

    --
    B.Al.Zeebub
    Registered Linux User #339345

    B.Al.Zeebub, Jan 17, 2004
  6. JD

    JD Guest

    "B.Al.Zeebub" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 08:03:21 +0000, JD pecked at a keyboard:
    > > Thanks Unk. It worked. Does anyone Recommend Nero 6 or is

    there
    > > a better program?
    > >
    > > JD

    > This one works quite well and includes a handy little CD

    ripper/mp3/ogg
    > encoder too.
    > http://hem.bredband.net/cdburnerxp/
    >
    > --
    > B.Al.Zeebub
    > Registered Linux User #339345
    > Defenestrate Windows!

    Thanks B.AL.Z Thanks for the recomendation
    JD

    JD, Jan 17, 2004
  7. JD

    B.Al.Zeebub Guest

    On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 09:20:50 +0000, JD pecked at a keyboard in panic:

    > "B.Al.Zeebub" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 08:03:21 +0000, JD pecked at a keyboard:
    >> > Thanks Unk. It worked. Does anyone Recommend Nero 6 or is

    > there
    >> > a better program?
    >> >
    >> > JD

    >> This one works quite well and includes a handy little CD

    > ripper/mp3/ogg
    >> encoder too.
    >> http://hem.bredband.net/cdburnerxp/
    >>
    >> --
    >> B.Al.Zeebub
    >> Registered Linux User #339345
    >> Defenestrate Windows!
    >>

    > Thanks B.AL.Z Thanks for the recomendation
    > JD

    You're welcome :)

    B.Al.Zeebub, Jan 17, 2004