    alternative machinery.

    Glad the download seems to be good. Project closed for now!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jan 10, 2009

  2. Tony Sperling

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Tony:
    If you have an open pci slot you may be able to add a reasonable
    network card. I've got a Belkin card that cost less the$20.00 US sitting in
    my parts box from the 940 chipset. A agree with you about the 939 chipset,
    this tower has a late Asus 939 chipset everythig else has an AM2 or AM2+n
    chipset.

    --
    Dennis Pack
    XP x64 SP2, Vista Enterprise x64 SP1

    Dennis Pack, Jan 10, 2009

  3. Tony Sperling

    roman modic Guest

    Hello!

    "Tony Sperling" <tony-sperling-at-dbmail-dk> wrote in message news:...
    > Didn't do my research. My old Asrock machine that I used for the first XP
    > x64 installation has gotten no Vista drivers in any field and the I-net
    > isn't responding. Otherwise everything went fine. So, I must look for
    > alternative machinery.
    >
    > Glad the download seems to be good. Project closed for now!

    BTW, what model of ASRock motherborad do you have?
    http://www.asrock.com/mb/index.asp?s=n

    Regards, Roman

    roman modic, Jan 11, 2009
  4. It's a fairly old one, the K8S8X - more important it had very few updates,
    as I remember and to my surprise was quickly replaced by other and smarter
    models, surprising because this has been extremely stable and reliable for
    many OS's including several Linux distros.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jan 11, 2009
  5. Yes, good idea, there. Only, I do need a decent graphics card as well, and I
    don't think I will spend any more money in the AGP department. I think I
    shall try and see if I can dig up a second hand board from that period with
    PCI graphics since I now have quite an awesome card (7950 GTX) that is
    collecting dust in a drawer. And one that has Vista support for it's chipset
    of course!

    Tony Sperling, Jan 11, 2009