    shot widescreen for European release?

    Any ideas would be most appreciated.

    Kishin

    Kishin, Sep 23, 2007

  2. On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 11:22:04 -0400, Kishin
    <> wrote:

    >I didn't notice this on the first disc (and already returned it to
    >Blockbuster before I could check), but on discs 2 & 3, the picture was
    >anamorphic 16X9. The opening and closing credits were both 4X3 with
    >black boxes on the sides, but the rest of the shows were widescreen.
    >
    >What the hey? Did they even HAVE widescreen tvs back then? Or was it
    >shot widescreen for European release?
    >
    >Any ideas would be most appreciated.

    Hahaha... They didn't have wide screen in Europe back then either.
    Sheesh. I'll bet you actually think that Europe is ahead of the US in
    A/V realm too!

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Sep 23, 2007

  3. Kishin

    Bill Guest

    > Hahaha... They didn't have wide screen in Europe back then either.
    > Sheesh. I'll bet you actually think that Europe is ahead of the US in
    > A/V realm too!

    The poster asked a legitimate question, in a polite fashion. He/she did
    not deserve such an asinine, ignorant response. One more for the ever
    expanding killfile.

    Bill, Sep 23, 2007

    **** you, BillTard! I noticed the lack of a legitimate response to the
    thread by your pathetic ass, boy, so **** off.

    Bungalow Bill, Sep 23, 2007
  5. On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 15:11:35 -0400, Bill <> wrote:

    >> Hahaha... They didn't have wide screen in Europe back then either.
    >> Sheesh. I'll bet you actually think that Europe is ahead of the US in
    >> A/V realm too!

    >The poster asked a legitimate question, in a polite fashion. He/she did
    >not deserve such an asinine, ignorant response. One more for the ever
    >expanding killfile.

    Dark Shadows is a Gothic television soap opera that originally aired
    weekdays on the ABC television network, from June 27, 1966 to April 2,
    1971.

    You're an idiot, BillTard, so **** off!

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Sep 23, 2007
  6. Kishin

    Bill Guest

    Kishin wrote:
    > I didn't notice this on the first disc (and already returned it to
    > Blockbuster before I could check), but on discs 2 & 3, the picture was
    > anamorphic 16X9.
    > What the hey? Did they even HAVE widescreen tvs back then? Or was it
    > shot widescreen for European release?

    Below is a link to a news article that was posted on 9/7/2005 at the
    tvshowsondvd.com website. It doesn't answer a lot of questions, but it
    would appear that MGM incorrectly chose to master the set in the 16 x 9
    format:

    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Dark-Shadows/4081

    Bill, Sep 23, 2007
  7. Kishin

    Kishin Guest

    In article <NmAJi.12705$>, Bill <>
    wrote:

    > Below is a link to a news article that was posted on 9/7/2005 at the
    > tvshowsondvd.com website. It doesn't answer a lot of questions, but it
    > would appear that MGM incorrectly chose to master the set in the 16 x 9
    > format:
    >
    > http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Dark-Shadows/4081

    Well, that's something anyway.

    Thanks a bunch!