    Some dark pictures I corrected using Picassa software (free from
    Google).

    Zalek

    zalek, Feb 19, 2006

  2. zalek wrote:
    > Browsing messages on this group I found an old complains about dark
    > pictures on Canon cameras.
    > I have Canon SD550 and I found that in poor light conditions using
    > zoom, while making pictures with flash on Automatic or Manual Mode
    > pictures came very dark. But when I use a Manual Mode with flash
    > setting as Slow Syncro pictures come OK.
    > Some dark pictures I corrected using Picassa software (free from
    > Google).
    >
    > Zalek

    I also have the SD550. When the subject distance exceeds the specified
    range of the built-in flash, then dark pictures will result. Using slow
    synchro merely opens the shutter longer, so the picture is less dark. Of
    course, if the shutter is open too long, the picture will be fuzzy. You
    can use an exposure correction in camera.
    Morton

    Morton Linder, Feb 19, 2006