Dark Pictures-Canon 20D

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Joseph Meehan, May 6, 2005.

  1. Marge wrote:
    > Hi:
    >
    > I have a Canon 20D with the 18-55mm lens that was supplied with the
    > camera.
    >
    > When taking pictures at family birthday parties and gatherings in a
    > living room and dining room my pictures come out very dark. The
    > lighting is dim but adequate with overhead lighting and table lamps.
    > All the shooting is done in the Basic Zone Modes where everything is
    > set automatically. To quote from the manual "You just press the
    > shutter button, and the camera does the rest" .

    I have a 20D and I would not recommend it for a point and shoot camera.
    I love my camera, but why spend all that money if you just want a point and
    shoot?
    That said, I often use the "P" function and have no problem with
    exposure. In fact I don't have problems with exposure on any of the
    settings.
    Did the flash activate? What mode setting were you using. It may not
    have been a good choice for the situation. Could you post a couple of
    photos as they were prior to any editing and provide us a link so we could
    see them?
    Are you sure they really are underexposed. Did you try printing one?
    --
    Joseph Meehan
    Dia duit
    Joseph Meehan, May 6, 2005