Danton (1983), Double Life of Veronique DVDs

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Peter, Jul 4, 2004.

  1. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Hello,

    Does anyone know of an English subbed DVD version of Wajda's 1983 movie
    "Danton" with
    Gerard Depardieu? There is a Polish as well as an Italian version available
    but no English
    version although I've seen adverts for English widescreen VHS versions of
    this excellent
    movie. It must mean that a translation already exists - sadly no-one has
    thought of releasing
    it as an English subtitle-track DVD.

    Secondly - anyone know why the Double Life of Veronique has never been
    released on
    DVD? There are no versions of this movie anywhere except for VHS, not even
    in Japan.
    Anyone know?

    Thanks!
    PC. :)
    Peter, Jul 4, 2004

  2. Peter

    poldy Guest

    In article <>,
    "Peter" <> wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Does anyone know of an English subbed DVD version of Wajda's 1983 movie
    > "Danton" with
    > Gerard Depardieu? There is a Polish as well as an Italian version available
    > but no English
    > version although I've seen adverts for English widescreen VHS versions of
    > this excellent
    > movie. It must mean that a translation already exists - sadly no-one has
    > thought of releasing
    > it as an English subtitle-track DVD.
    >
    > Secondly - anyone know why the Double Life of Veronique has never been
    > released on
    > DVD? There are no versions of this movie anywhere except for VHS, not even
    > in Japan.
    > Anyone know?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > PC. :)

    Because people prefer to buy Lethal Weapon 23 at the Wal Mart.
    poldy, Jul 5, 2004