    you care about film you should see this movie. I was stunned at who
    the appeals board is.

    - Jordan
    Jordan, Feb 15, 2007

  2. Jordan

    Richard C. Guest

    "Jordan" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Wow, I just watched This Film is Not Yet Rated and was blown away. If
    > you care about film you should see this movie. I was stunned at who
    > the appeals board is.
    >
    > - Jordan

    =========================
    I just got it - have not watched it yet.
    What makes me mad is that the box says it is
    4x3 letterbox - WHY is it not anamorphic?

    Sucks!
    Richard C., Feb 15, 2007

  3. Jordan

    Guest

    On Feb 15, 6:54 am, "Richard C." <> wrote:

    > I just got it - have not watched it yet.
    > What makes me mad is that the box says it is
    > 4x3 letterbox - WHY is it not anamorphic?

    I dunno. Maybe it has something to do with it being shot on video?
    I've got a 16:9 set and didn't really notice anything amiss.

    - Jordan
    , Feb 16, 2007
  4. Jordan

    Richard C. Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Feb 15, 6:54 am, "Richard C." <> wrote:
    >
    >> I just got it - have not watched it yet.
    >> What makes me mad is that the box says it is
    >> 4x3 letterbox - WHY is it not anamorphic?

    > I dunno. Maybe it has something to do with it being shot on video?

    =============================
    By "anamorphic", I mean "enhanced for 16:9 sets".
    That has nothing do do with what it is shot on, but how the DVD is produced.
    This DVD is 1.85:1 set into a 4:3 frame. It is NOT anamorphic.
    It should be.
    ==============================
    > I've got a 16:9 set and didn't really notice anything amiss.

    You most likely are not using a progressive scan player,
    or you do not have it set right.
    Using a progressive scan player on a 16:9 set,
    there is indeed something amiss. The picture is "windowboxed".
    ALL DVDs over 1.34:1 should be anamorphic to show full resolution
    on a WS TV set.

    Richard C., Feb 16, 2007