    $290 just for A+?

    Also, would you all recommend I take them separately or together one after
    the other? They don't see all that hard.

    efishta, Oct 28, 2003

  2. efishta

    JesseTX Guest

    Here is where I got mine http://www.getcertifiedforless.com/aplus.asp

    $190 for both.

    JesseTX, Oct 28, 2003

  3. efishta

    efishta Guest

    efishta, Oct 28, 2003
  4. efishta

    JesseTX Guest

    My experience with the website? Not sure what you want to know, but
    will expand as much as I can.

    I am getting ready to take the A+ tests. I was looking for test
    vouchers to reduce the price of taking the tests. I had saw the
    getcertifiedforless web site recommended in a post here a while back.
    I compared that site with a few others for cost purposes. All sites
    have nearly the same price for A+ test vouchers. Some charge shipping
    and tax, and others don't. The getcertifiedforless site only offers
    the vouchers and bundled material electronically, so there is no
    shipping charge. Other sites also offer their material electronically
    also however.

    I placed the on-line order for the vouchers, they sent me an e-mail
    with the voucher numbers within minutes. The e-mail also contained
    links to download the study material that is included in the voucher
    price. I am not impressed with the study material, but I was really
    only interested in purchasing vouchers anyway. But you can't just
    purchase vouchers now, so you take what you get in the bundle. I will
    say this much, if someone was starting out looking to study for A+,
    and purchase the vouchers at the same time, I wouldn't recommend the
    getcertifiedforless site due to the quality of the study material
    bundled with the vouchers. But if you are looking for vouchers, then
    they can hardly be beat.

    JesseTX, Oct 29, 2003
  5. On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 13:20:30 GMT, JesseTX <> wrote:

    (Portion of helpful post snipped)

    >I placed the on-line order for the vouchers, they sent me an e-mail
    >with the voucher numbers within minutes. The e-mail also contained
    >links to download the study material that is included in the voucher
    >price. I am not impressed with the study material, but I was really
    >only interested in purchasing vouchers anyway. But you can't just
    >purchase vouchers now, so you take what you get in the bundle. I will
    >say this much, if someone was starting out looking to study for A+,
    >and purchase the vouchers at the same time, I wouldn't recommend the
    >getcertifiedforless site due to the quality of the study material
    >bundled with the vouchers. But if you are looking for vouchers, then
    >they can hardly be beat.

    You're absolutely right, Jesse ... the site in question does offer
    rock-bottom pricing, albeit with rather lame study material. As you
    say, it's a bargain for someone who only needs those vouchers.

    <shameless plug>

    For everyone else ... for a few bucks more than this web site's
    bundle, you can get your A+ vouchers with over a thousand practice
    exam questions, presented in a testing engine that nicely simulates
    the presentation of the actual CompTIA exams.

    This is the deal offered by Total Seminars, which is Mike Meyers'
    company, a long-time producer and supporter of excellent A+ prep
    books, and (for those who don't already know this) my employer.

    We're a cool bunch of folks who have been helping A+ candidates on
    their quest for certification and tech excellence ever since A+ came
    into being (and training techs before that!). The stuff we bundle with
    our vouchers isn't just an afterthought; training is what we do! If
    you're looking at taking your exams, and want some good value-added
    training materials with your voucher bundle, give us a call.

    </shameless plug>

    Best of luck to everyone who's prepping for the exams!

    Cheers,

    Cindy Clayton
    Total Seminars, LLC
    www.totalsem.com

    Cindy Clayton, Oct 29, 2003
  6. efishta

    JesseTX Guest

    On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 18:01:43 GMT, (Cindy
    Clayton) wrote:

    >You're absolutely right, Jesse ... the site in question does offer
    >rock-bottom pricing, albeit with rather lame study material. As you
    >say, it's a bargain for someone who only needs those vouchers.
    >
    ><shameless plug>
    >
    >For everyone else ... for a few bucks more than this web site's
    >bundle, you can get your A+ vouchers with over a thousand practice
    >exam questions, presented in a testing engine that nicely simulates
    >the presentation of the actual CompTIA exams.
    >
    >This is the deal offered by Total Seminars, which is Mike Meyers'
    >company, a long-time producer and supporter of excellent A+ prep
    >books, and (for those who don't already know this) my employer.
    >
    >We're a cool bunch of folks who have been helping A+ candidates on
    >their quest for certification and tech excellence ever since A+ came
    >into being (and training techs before that!). The stuff we bundle with
    >our vouchers isn't just an afterthought; training is what we do! If
    >you're looking at taking your exams, and want some good value-added
    >training materials with your voucher bundle, give us a call.
    >
    ></shameless plug>
    >
    >Best of luck to everyone who's prepping for the exams!
    >
    >Cheers,
    >
    >Cindy Clayton
    >Total Seminars, LLC
    >www.totalsem.com

    Cindy, I can only agree with you. The Mike Meyers All-In-One A+
    Certification guide is the "bible" I studied from.

    Now, a forward thinking person would have bought the vouchers and
    study materials at the same time. After all, the vouchers are good
    for one year after purchase. I was not that forward thinking person,
    and purchased the study material, and then the vouchers several months
    later. For anyone just beginning the study program, I wholeheartedly
    recommend going with the Total Seminars study materials AND vouchers
    as a one time purchase.

    JesseTX, Oct 29, 2003
  7. On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 23:43:15 GMT, JesseTX <> wrote:

    >Cindy, I can only agree with you. The Mike Meyers All-In-One A+
    >Certification guide is the "bible" I studied from.
    >
    >Now, a forward thinking person would have bought the vouchers and
    >study materials at the same time. After all, the vouchers are good
    >for one year after purchase. I was not that forward thinking person,
    >and purchased the study material, and then the vouchers several months
    >later. For anyone just beginning the study program, I wholeheartedly
    >recommend going with the Total Seminars study materials AND vouchers
    >as a one time purchase.

    Hey, I'm just glad to know that you've learned your stuff well! ;-)

    Seriously, thanks for the glowing endorsement. I almost never post a
    new thread on this group to announce new products, plug our vouchers,
    and so forth, since that seems spam-ish to me. I do sometimes plug our
    products in response messages (as I did with yours), but it's cooler
    by far to see posts from satisfied customers.

    Best of luck passing those exams next month! I'm sure you'll let us
    all know how it turns out ...

    Cheers,

    Cindy Clayton
    Total Seminars, LLC
    www.totalsem.com

    Cindy Clayton, Oct 30, 2003
  8. On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 15:47:32 -0500, wrote:

    >Cindy- Do you have the VUE vouchers as well as Prometric? I have a VUE
    >site close by and want to go there. Thanks for your time.

    Good question--not everyone thinks ahead about where to take their
    exams!

    We sell vouchers only for Prometric, not for VUE, and I don't know off
    the top of my head who might sell the VUE ones. At one time, Andy
    Barkl was selling them, but I don't know if he's doing that now.
    (Andy? Are you reading this?)

    If you haven't already, do a thorough Web search on "A+ vouchers VUE"
    and see what you hit. And if you give up and go with Prometric, we're
    still here ... ;-)

    Best of luck,

    Cindy Clayton
    Total Seminars, LLC
    www.totalsem.com

    Cindy Clayton, Oct 30, 2003
  9. efishta

    blue Guest

    Ditto Jesse... I wasn't a forward thinking person either... Who knew?
    I paid full price for the tests, up front... of course, my employer
    agreed to pay half of the price with one caveat...If I Passed!

    I wish there was a way to tell anyone thinking about going A+ cert,
    befroe they spent the money on books without vouchers, that vouchers
    even exist. hmmmm, there has to be a marketing thing here
    somewhere...
    like maybe "buy this book with vouchers for one price, or without for
    another.."

    just my thoughts..

    blue

    blue, Oct 31, 2003
  10. Re: Dang, $145 a piece from Prometric? , Vue OR Prometric US 95

    Hello Guy!!!!

    I passed A+ Exam!!!!

    I got discounted voucher from www.Getcertified4less.com for only US $95.
    and two vouchers for only 188

    I was able to get more discount when I used
    Poromtion code <b>1188 </b>

    Good Luck

    Network+ voucher, Oct 31, 2003