    Well, he regains some credibility for admitting he was wrong and acting on
    it.

    Mind you he must have been due to retire anyway. How old is he?
    JohnO, Nov 24, 2004

  2. JohnO

    Keith Guest

    In article <zKVod.10724$>, says...
    > Well, he regains some credibility for admitting he was wrong and acting on
    > it.
    >
    > Mind you he must have been due to retire anyway. How old is he?

    Is a Rather some kind of computer?
    Keith, Nov 24, 2004

  3. JohnO

    JohnO Guest

    "Keith" <> wrote in message
    > In article <zKVod.10724$>, says...
    >> Well, he regains some credibility for admitting he was wrong and acting
    >> on
    >> it.
    >>
    >> Mind you he must have been due to retire anyway. How old is he?

    > Is a Rather some kind of computer?

    Heh heh, Oops, wrong forum!
    JohnO, Nov 24, 2004
  4. JohnO

    Crash Guest

    "JohnO" <> wrote in message
    > Well, he regains some credibility for admitting he was wrong and acting on
    > it.
    >
    > Mind you he must have been due to retire anyway. How old is he?

    Hmm. Name seems familiar.

    Did he used to run Datacom (was CBL)?

    Crash.
    Crash, Nov 24, 2004
  5. JohnO

    K T T Guest

    JohnO wrote:
    > "Keith" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>In article <zKVod.10724$>, says...
    >>
    >>>Well, he regains some credibility for admitting he was wrong and acting
    >>>on
    >>>it.
    >>>
    >>>Mind you he must have been due to retire anyway. How old is he?

    >>Is a Rather some kind of computer?

    > Heh heh, Oops, wrong forum!

    Rather is 75?
    K T T, Nov 24, 2004
  6. JohnO wrote:

    > Well, he regains some credibility for admitting he was wrong and acting on
    > it.
    >
    > Mind you he must have been due to retire anyway. How old is he?

    who is he, what'd he do?
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 24, 2004
  7. JohnO

    JohnO Guest

    > JohnO wrote:
    >
    > > Well, he regains some credibility for admitting he was wrong and acting

    on
    > > it.
    > >
    > > Mind you he must have been due to retire anyway. How old is he?

    > who is he, what'd he do?

    This was a hoo-hah topic in nz.general. He's a CBS news anchor who ran a
    story about a subsequently discredited Air National Guard memo that was
    critical of Dubya Bush. Mea culpa on the misdirected post.
    JohnO, Nov 24, 2004
  8. As long as journalists like Dan Rather are destroyed, the truth is buried.

    The Internet is now a Rather fine alternative !

    http://media.shorturl.com
    Madelin McKinnon, Nov 25, 2004
  9. JohnO

    JohnO Guest

    "Madelin McKinnon" <> wrote in message
    > As long as journalists like Dan Rather are destroyed, the truth is buried.
    >
    > The Internet is now a Rather fine alternative !
    >
    > http://media.shorturl.com

    Unfortunatley Rather destroyed the truth in the affair of the National Guard
    memo.
    JohnO, Nov 25, 2004
  10. JohnO

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    JohnO wrote:
    > "Madelin McKinnon" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>As long as journalists like Dan Rather are destroyed, the truth is buried.
    >>
    >>The Internet is now a Rather fine alternative !
    >>
    >> http://media.shorturl.com

    > Unfortunatley Rather destroyed the truth in the affair of the National Guard
    > memo.

    Maybe, but I'm sure he's got a lot of things right too. Compare him to
    Paul Homes, hahaha, had to compare, but if Paul Homes can be paid $50K a
    month to do nothing after some of stunts he has pulled surely Dan Rather
    can be given a break..

    Chris Mayhew, Nov 25, 2004
  11. JohnO

    JohnO Guest

    "Chris Mayhew" <> wrote in message
    > JohnO wrote:
    >> "Madelin McKinnon" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>As long as journalists like Dan Rather are destroyed, the truth is
    >>>buried.
    >>>
    >>>The Internet is now a Rather fine alternative !
    >>>
    >>> http://media.shorturl.com

    >> Unfortunatley Rather destroyed the truth in the affair of the National
    >> Guard
    >> memo.
    >>

    > Maybe, but I'm sure he's got a lot of things right too. Compare him to
    > Paul Homes, hahaha, had to compare, but if Paul Homes can be paid $50K a
    > month to do nothing after some of stunts he has pulled surely Dan Rather
    > can be given a break..

    Yeah, but nobody expects Holmes to be anything other than entertainment.
    JohnO, Nov 25, 2004
  12. JohnO

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    JohnO wrote:
    > "Chris Mayhew" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>JohnO wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Madelin McKinnon" <> wrote in message

    >>>Unfortunatley Rather destroyed the truth in the affair of the National
    >>>Guard
    >>>memo.
    >>>

    >>Maybe, but I'm sure he's got a lot of things right too. Compare him to
    >>Paul Homes, hahaha, had to compare, but if Paul Homes can be paid $50K a
    >>month to do nothing after some of stunts he has pulled surely Dan Rather
    >>can be given a break..
    >>

    > Yeah, but nobody expects Holmes to be anything other than entertainment.

    Hum, I ment hard not had

    Chris Mayhew, Nov 25, 2004