    is a real irritant. Outlook Express permits blocking only of mailer
    or subject. It doesn't permit blocking singular attachments. Can you
    good counselors provide me with a solution? TIA
    MayB, Dec 18, 2004

  2. MayB

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "MayB" <_THIS.com> wrote in message
    news:Gr%wd.18045$...
    |I am inundated with attachments that are all the same but are sent by
    | sundry fictitious
    | addresses. They're easily identified with a singular attachment
    | "DELETEDO.TXT". No problem deleting them but they've become such a
    | large part of my email (nearly fifty percent), that dealing with them
    | is a real irritant. Outlook Express permits blocking only of mailer
    | or subject. It doesn't permit blocking singular attachments. Can you
    | good counselors provide me with a solution? TIA

    Quoted from a different forum:

    "DELETEDO.TXT is coming from your email gateway. This attachment simply
    tells you that the email antivirus system (from your ISP, school, or whoever
    is providing your email) has deleted a virus infected attachment. By you
    receiving the DELETEDO.TXT attachment is a good thing."
    Toolman Tim, Dec 18, 2004

  3. MayB

    Maybe Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:

    > "MayB" <_THIS.com> wrote in message
    > |I am inundated with attachments that are all the same but are sent by
    > | sundry fictitious
    > | addresses. They're easily identified with a singular attachment
    > | "DELETEDO.TXT". No problem deleting them but they've become such a
    > | large part of my email (nearly fifty percent), that dealing with them
    > | is a real irritant. Outlook Express permits blocking only of mailer
    > | or subject. It doesn't permit blocking singular attachments. Can you
    > | good counselors provide me with a solution? TIA
    > |
    > Quoted from a different forum:
    >
    > "DELETEDO.TXT is coming from your email gateway. This attachment simply
    > tells you that the email antivirus system (from your ISP, school, or whoever
    > is providing your email) has deleted a virus infected attachment. By you
    > receiving the DELETEDO.TXT attachment is a good thing."

    What a relief! And what do I find if I open that attachment?
    Maybe, Dec 18, 2004
  4. MayB

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Maybe" <"djennings"@not this.socal.rr.com> wrote in message
    | Toolman Tim wrote:
    |
    | > "MayB" <_THIS.com> wrote in message
    | > |I am inundated with attachments that are all the same but are sent by
    | > | sundry fictitious
    | > | addresses. They're easily identified with a singular attachment
    | > | "DELETEDO.TXT". No problem deleting them but they've become such a
    | > | large part of my email (nearly fifty percent), that dealing with them
    | > | is a real irritant. Outlook Express permits blocking only of mailer
    | > | or subject. It doesn't permit blocking singular attachments. Can you
    | > | good counselors provide me with a solution? TIA
    | > |
    | > Quoted from a different forum:
    | >
    | > "DELETEDO.TXT is coming from your email gateway. This attachment simply
    | > tells you that the email antivirus system (from your ISP, school, or
    whoever
    | > is providing your email) has deleted a virus infected attachment. By you
    | > receiving the DELETEDO.TXT attachment is a good thing."
    |
    | What a relief! And what do I find if I open that attachment?

    Should be a little text file that says that the anti-virus program deleted
    an infected attachment. But (and I *always* say but!) make sure your local
    anti-virus software is up to date first.
    Toolman Tim, Dec 18, 2004
  5. MayB

    Plato Guest

    Maybe wrote:

    > What a relief! And what do I find if I open that attachment?

    You'll often find the same thing many folks find when opening
    attachments from addresses they dont know about nor are expecting
    attachments from.
    Plato, Dec 19, 2004