    They are both recent machines with different Nforce-2 boards in them.

    I have used these ok in a machine with an SIS chipsetted P4 board.

    Can I get these to work at all?

    Richard Malcolm-Smith, Jul 25, 2003

  2. "Richard Malcolm-Smith" <> wrote in message
    > I have some PCMCIA wireless cards, I now have some PCMCIA/Cardbus to PCI
    > carriers, one with the ricoh chip, and 2 with a Texas instruments chip.
    >
    > Now, when I put them in my motherboard, they are detected fine.
    >
    > When I put a card into it, _any_ card, a wireless card, a wired card, a 16

    bit
    > 10baseT card, they all cant start with a Code 12 error.
    >
    > This has happened in both the machines I want to use the wireless cards

    in.

    > They are both recent machines with different Nforce-2 boards in them.
    >
    > I have used these ok in a machine with an SIS chipsetted P4 board.
    >
    > Can I get these to work at all?

    I assume that you've looked at this:

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=windows xp "code 12
    %22+pcmcia

    AKA

    http://tinyurl.com/i0kp

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Jul 25, 2003

  3. Nicholas Sherlock wrote:

    > I assume that you've looked at this:
    >
    > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=windows xp "code 12" pcmcia
    >
    > AKA
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/i0kp

    Yeah, I have, and nothing there helped, there is a patch available for windows
    2000 and SP1 has the fix mentioned for XP, but I have sp1 and its still doing
    it. there is one there from some other brand which mentions that it may not work
    on some nforce 1 board that has a pci-pci bridge, which I do have here, but
    these adaptors are cardbus, not pcmcia ones.

    Might just wait for my actual PCI card to get here. But it sucks that this
    doenst work, I would have thought it was a reasonably common configuration

    Richard Malcolm-Smith, Jul 25, 2003