    right hand side of the screen. Can some one tell me what is wrong with
    it so i can take the neccesary steps to fixing it. Thanx, Nancy

    , Mar 18, 2006

  2. Duane Arnold Guest

    wrote:
    > Someone stepped on my laptop, and now there are vertical lines on the
    > right hand side of the screen. Can some one tell me what is wrong with
    > it so i can take the neccesary steps to fixing it. Thanx, Nancy

    Send it in for repairs.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Mar 18, 2006

  3. wrote:

    > Someone stepped on my laptop, and now there are vertical lines on the
    > right hand side of the screen. Can some one tell me what is wrong
    > with it

    Someone stepped on it.

    > so i can take the neccesary steps to fixing it. Thanx, Nancy

    You need a new lid. Try contacting the manufacturer.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 18, 2006
  4. If you are not scared of opening up your laptop, AND your laptop is out of
    warranty, you might be better off finding an LCD off of eBay and replacing
    it yourself.

    I was scared disassemble laptops at first, until I was faced with a
    situation where I had to... and it paid off. I actually replaced the LCD
    panel on a Toshiba laptop, and it wasn't bad at all... there are some guides
    out on the net with instructions on how to disassemble it.

    Also, and again if the laptop is out of warranty, you would be potentially
    saving yourself about $300

    Good Luck!

    Georges Khairallah, Mar 18, 2006
  5. Toolman Tim Guest

    Agreed. But even if it is in warranty, most don't cover that type of damage.
    I've done replacments of LCDs in laptops - they're really not that hard as
    long as someone is careful.

    In news:,
    Georges Khairallah spewed forth:

    Toolman Tim, Mar 18, 2006
  6. You're right. I guess I totally ignored the fact that most warranties won't
    cover a broken LCD.... I guess you're just gonna have to try to fix it
    yourself :)

    Georges Khairallah, Mar 18, 2006
  7. Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > Someone stepped on my laptop, and now there are vertical lines on the
    > right hand side of the screen. Can some one tell me what is wrong with
    > it so i can take the neccesary steps to fixing it. Thanx, Nancy

    YOu need a new screen. But, chances are that the cost of a new screen
    are not worth it.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Mar 18, 2006