    Anyone know whether this is repairable?

    Regards
    David
    Mike, Jul 29, 2003

  2. Hi Mike,

    If its purely for down loading images, best option is to buy a card reader
    (£18) as they take their power from the pc and do not waste battery power.
    Lets someone use the camera with other memory cards as well.

    All you do is remove the card from the camera and place in reader and the
    card appears as another drive on pc, such as drive E. Just copy or drag the
    photos to 'My Pictures' on your computer.

    Other option is to re-install your fuji software that came with the camera,
    though you may have damaged some pins and no longer getting secure
    connection.

    Cheers,
    Stephen
    Edinburgh
    "Mike" <> wrote in message
    > Silly me,
    >
    > I plugged a USB cable that looked like the one for the camera which was

    for
    > my webcam into the camera, and now the computer won't recognise the camera
    > anymore. The camera recognises that the USB is plugged in by displaying

    USB
    > on the screen, however the computer and all the other computers I plug it

    in

    Stephen Leslie, Jul 30, 2003