    one.

    I would appreciate some technical info/references on this, I haven't had
    much luck in googleing this problem...

    gadjo, Mar 9, 2007

  2. gadjo

    Kimba W Lion Guest

    "gadjo" <> wrote:

    >Once in a while I notice discoloration or abnormal tint in the image using
    >component input. Not sure how to describe it, but it sort of turns heavy on
    >the yellow... Is it possible the component cable is damaged ? Why would the
    >colour/tint change, as opposed to the image disappearing altogether ? Also,
    >strangely the problem sometimes disappears if I switch to another component
    >input on the TV, eventually the problem will reappear on the second input,
    >but why would doing that fix the problem even temporarily ??

    If your picture is going yellow, you're losing the blue signal. This is the
    connection labeled Pb or Cb.

    What do you mean by "switch to another input"? Are you physically moving the
    cables? Then you probably have a loose wire in the blue cable. A replacement
    cable should not be expensive; for short runs, almost any RCA plug to RCA
    plug cable should do.

    Kimba W Lion, Mar 9, 2007

  3. gadjo

    gadjo Guest

    "Kimba W Lion" <KimbaWLion@> wrote in message
    > "gadjo" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Once in a while I notice discoloration or abnormal tint in the image using
    >>component input. Not sure how to describe it, but it sort of turns heavy
    >>on
    >>the yellow... Is it possible the component cable is damaged ? Why would
    >>the
    >>colour/tint change, as opposed to the image disappearing altogether ?
    >>Also,
    >>strangely the problem sometimes disappears if I switch to another
    >>component
    >>input on the TV, eventually the problem will reappear on the second input,
    >>but why would doing that fix the problem even temporarily ??

    > If your picture is going yellow, you're losing the blue signal. This is
    > the
    > connection labeled Pb or Cb.
    >
    > What do you mean by "switch to another input"? Are you physically moving
    > the
    > cables? Then you probably have a loose wire in the blue cable. A
    > replacement
    > cable should not be expensive; for short runs, almost any RCA plug to RCA
    > plug cable should do.

    By switching I do mean physically unplugging/replugging the cables as you
    described. I wasn't aware you could use a regular RCA cable as a
    replacement?! The connection will be very long, but I'll give it a try,
    thanks for the hint.

    gadjo, Mar 9, 2007