Daily Dilbert no longer free :-(

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Gurble, Jul 11, 2003.

  1. Gurble

    Gurble Guest

    Boo :-( :-(

    What's the world coming to?

    They're going to start CHARGING for the Daily Dilbert...

    ======

    News from dilbert.com

    Message from Scott Adams:

    Your dilbert.com subscription is about to change.

    You'll still be able to read Dilbert for free at Dilbert.com. However,
    the daily Dilbert by e-mail will be replaced on July 23rd by a
    feature-packed bundle of excitement that we call...

    Comics Extra

    <SNIP>

    As a current subscriber, and only for a limited time, you will get the
    exclusive members special pricing if you sign up now: Daily Dilbert
    and all these other comics and extras for just $9.95 per year. That's
    $2.00 off the regular price.

    Remember, your current dilbert.com subscription will only last through
    July 23rd. To make sure you continue receiving your daily dose of
    Dilbert, and to take advantage of all these new features, sign up now
    for Comics Extra

    Find out more or take a tour at
    https://members.comics.com/members/registration/showDilbertLogin.do?aid=1&ogid=215&r=415
    or read my Q&A below.

    Questions for Scott Adams
    children and/or pets. And that means not operating at a loss. So
    unless you hate children and/or pets, I think you'll agree this is a
    fair solution. All I ask is that before you rush to judgment, imagine
    their little faces.

    Q. I'm still confused. Couldn't you just take some of your money and
    give it to those kids and/or pets and leave us out of it?

    A. Shut up.

    Gurble, Jul 11, 2003

  2. Gurble

    Gurble Guest

    On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 01:46:14 +1200, Gurble
    <> had this to say:

    >They're going to start CHARGING for the Daily Dilbert...

    Oops, false alarm...

    =======

    Or, if you'd prefer a Comic Basic subscription, our no-frills, free
    option:

    You can get Dilbert, or any one comic of your choice, emailed to you
    six days a week

    You can sign-up for the Dilbert newsletter and become a member of the
    DNRC

    But you can't get any of the other great stuff available exclusively
    in our Comics Extra package

    Gurble, Jul 11, 2003

  3. Gurble

    S26 Guest

    Hay thanks for that, I went to a joke newsgroup and got this joke;

    There was once a young man who, in his youth, professed his desire
    become a great writer.

    When asked to define "great" he said, "I want to write stuff that the
    whole world will read, stuff that people will react to on a truly
    emotional level, stuff that will make them scream, cry, howl in pain and
    anger!"

    He now works for Microsoft, writing error messages.

    S26, Jul 11, 2003
  4. Gurble

    Ali P Guest

    "Gurble" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 01:46:14 +1200, Gurble
    > <> had this to say:
    > >
    > >They're going to start CHARGING for the Daily Dilbert...
    > >

    > Oops, false alarm...
    >
    > =======
    >
    > Or, if you'd prefer a Comic Basic subscription, our no-frills, free
    > option:
    >
    > You can get Dilbert, or any one comic of your choice, emailed to you
    > six days a week
    >
    > You can sign-up for the Dilbert newsletter and become a member of the
    > DNRC
    >
    > But you can't get any of the other great stuff available exclusively
    > in our Comics Extra package

    Thanks for pointing that out, I'll head along and sign up right now. The
    original email gave the impression that the freebie Dilbert was no more. I
    loved the way Scott Adams attempted to rationalise the new charges with his
    usual sarcastic wit ...

    ----------------------------

    Ali P, Jul 12, 2003
  5. Gurble

    samg Guest

    S26 <> wrote in news::

    > Hay thanks for that, I went to a joke newsgroup and got this joke;
    >

    > There was once a young man who, in his youth, professed his desire
    > become a great writer.
    >
    > When asked to define "great" he said, "I want to write stuff that the
    > whole world will read, stuff that people will react to on a truly
    > emotional level, stuff that will make them scream, cry, howl in pain
    > and anger!"
    >
    > He now works for Microsoft, writing error messages.

    nice :)

    samg, Jul 12, 2003