    Canon's 5D II, at 3200 ISO. But the Nikon outresolves anything with
    less pixel count.

    http://www.dpreview.com/previews/nikonD800/7
    RichA, Mar 20, 2012

  2. RichA

    RichA Guest

    Re: D800 samples. High resolution, sharpness like other FF's issomewhat soft (Dpreview)

    On Mar 20, 9:25 am, Bowser <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 05:12:35 -0700 (PDT), RichA <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Do the comparison on the raws and put the Sony NEX-7 in one of the
    > >boxes.  Notice that although the Nikon does show more detail, its
    > >images (and those of its FF bretheren) do not appear as sharp as with
    > >the tiny Sony APS at lower ISO's.  The D7000 APS look similarly
    > >somewhat less than sharp . Were the Sony images softened to match
    > >those of the other cameras, likely little noise would be visible from
    > >100-800 ISO.  The noise in the D800 is higher (apparently) than
    > >Canon's 5D II, at 3200 ISO.  But the Nikon outresolves anything with
    > >less pixel count.

    > >http://www.dpreview.com/previews/nikonD800/7

    > The images look good, but I don't see a lot of detail in the D800
    > images when compared to the 5D II. Curious to see if the 5D III does
    > any better with regards to noise. Shouldn't be too long now since the
    > Canon goes live soon.

    I think the reason is that even though it is a high pixel count, it's
    not hugely different from the 5DIII and 24mp cameras. Every 5mp
    increment up nets a smaller and smaller gain, for obvious reasons.
    However, that they included the Pentax 645 in the examples set was
    interesting. It is 3x the price, 40mp and it shows.
    RichA, Mar 20, 2012