D70s Battery question

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Tim, May 9, 2006.

  1. Tim

    Tim Guest

    Hi

    Just bought a spare battery for my D70s when I unwrapped it and compared it
    to the old one it was obviously different

    The old one is a EN-EL3a and the new one is a EN-EL3e

    The old has two electrical contacts and the new has three

    It's not apparent (to me anyway!) that I can't use the new one according to
    the "instruction book" that came with it, so rather than fry the new toy I
    thought I'd ask your advice first.

    So after all the waffle - is it ok to use an EN-EL3e battery in my D70s?

    Thanks for any help

    Tim

    Tim, May 9, 2006

  2. Tim

    Paul Rubin Guest

    "Tim" <no > writes:
    > So after all the waffle - is it ok to use an EN-EL3e battery in my D70s?

    Yes, it's fine.

    Paul Rubin, May 9, 2006

  3. Tim

    henryp Guest

    Tim wrote:
    > So after all the waffle - is it ok to use an EN-EL3e battery in my D70s?

    As far as I know the ENEL3E is the replacement for the
    noew-discontinued ENEL3A and should be fine in your D70s.

    The Nikon EN-EL3e Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery provides 7.4v, and
    can store 1500mAh of power - that thranslates into over 200 shots on a
    charge. The battery is compatible with Nikon D50, D70, D70s, D100 and
    D200 SLR Digital cameras.

    Henry Posner
    B&H Photo-Video

    henryp, May 9, 2006
  4. Tim

    Tim Guest

    "henryp" <> wrote in message

    > Tim wrote:
    >> So after all the waffle - is it ok to use an EN-EL3e battery in my D70s?

    > As far as I know the ENEL3E is the replacement for the
    > noew-discontinued ENEL3A and should be fine in your D70s.
    >
    > The Nikon EN-EL3e Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery provides 7.4v, and
    > can store 1500mAh of power - that thranslates into over 200 shots on a
    > charge. The battery is compatible with Nikon D50, D70, D70s, D100 and
    > D200 SLR Digital cameras.
    >
    > Henry Posner
    > B&H Photo-Video

    Paul, Henry, thanks for your help

    Tim

    Tim, May 9, 2006
  5. Tim

    Cynicor Guest

    henryp wrote:
    > Tim wrote:
    >> So after all the waffle - is it ok to use an EN-EL3e battery in my D70s?

    > As far as I know the ENEL3E is the replacement for the
    > noew-discontinued ENEL3A and should be fine in your D70s.
    >
    > The Nikon EN-EL3e Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery provides 7.4v, and
    > can store 1500mAh of power - that thranslates into over 200 shots on a
    > charge. The battery is compatible with Nikon D50, D70, D70s, D100 and
    > D200 SLR Digital cameras.

    Henry! When are you going to have them in stock? I need a couple!

    I also need an extra-large PhotoFlex softbox. Are they just having
    supply problems now? They seem to be out of stock everywhere.

    Cynicor, May 9, 2006
  6. On Tue, 09 May 2006 19:56:33 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "Tim" <no
    > wrote:

    >Hi
    >

    >Just bought a spare battery for my D70s when I unwrapped it and compared it
    >to the old one it was obviously different
    >

    >The old one is a EN-EL3a and the new one is a EN-EL3e
    >

    >The old has two electrical contacts and the new has three
    >

    >It's not apparent (to me anyway!) that I can't use the new one according to
    >the "instruction book" that came with it, so rather than fry the new toy I
    >thought I'd ask your advice first.
    >

    >So after all the waffle - is it ok to use an EN-EL3e battery in my D70s?

    As others have stated yes. Now. Would you care to trade that beast for TWO
    EN-EL3s? I have three batteries for my D70, the original and two CTA higher
    rated compatibles I've used since I bought the camera. I'd like another
    battery for my D200 but refuse to pay the above msrp many with them are
    charging.
    --
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), May 9, 2006
  7. Tim

    Tim Guest

    > As others have stated yes. Now. Would you care to trade that beast
    > for TWO EN-EL3s? I have three batteries for my D70, the original and
    > two CTA higher rated compatibles I've used since I bought the camera.
    > I'd like another battery for my D200 but refuse to pay the above msrp
    > many with them are charging.

    I tell you what, when it's empty and I need a new one I'll mail it over
    :)))

    Tim

    Tim, May 11, 2006
  8. Tim

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Thu, 11 May 2006 17:13:24 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "Tim" <no
    > wrote:

    >> As others have stated yes. Now. Would you care to trade that beast
    >> for TWO EN-EL3s? I have three batteries for my D70, the original and
    >> two CTA higher rated compatibles I've used since I bought the camera.
    >> I'd like another battery for my D200 but refuse to pay the above msrp
    >> many with them are charging.

    >I tell you what, when it's empty and I need a new one I'll mail it over

    I'll take it and mail you two fully charged in return. ;-)
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, May 11, 2006