    consistently appear to be underexposed. using the sb-800 provides
    consistently good exposure and natural light is also good. but something
    doesn't seem right about the built in flash. any suggestions? thanks.

    Christopher Muto, Jun 8, 2004

  2. Christopher Muto

    [BnH] Guest

    Read more ...
    Nikon Matrix metering tends to give around 2 stop under for you to post
    process it later.

    =bob=

    "Christopher Muto" <> wrote in message
    > i have found disappointing results when shooting indoors using the built

    in

    [BnH], Jun 8, 2004

  3. Christopher Muto

    Mark B. Guest

    > i have found disappointing results when shooting indoors using the built

    in
    > flash and the camera in automatic mode with matrix metering. the images
    > consistently appear to be underexposed. using the sb-800 provides
    > consistently good exposure and natural light is also good. but something
    > doesn't seem right about the built in flash. any suggestions? thanks.

    Yes. Use only an external flash indoors. The built-in flash on any SLR or
    portable cam is woefully inadequate as the primary light source. Great for
    fill flash outdoors or in brightly lit studio scenarios, that's about it.

    Mark

    Mark B., Jun 8, 2004
  4. Christopher Muto

    steve Guest

    Built in flash is not powerful enough.

    Use an external flash.

    steve, Jun 8, 2004
  5. On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 20:36:36 -0700, steve
    <> wrote:

    >Built in flash is not powerful enough.

    I guess it depends on the size of the room but I've had excellent
    results.

    Most of the shots are of the cat or my project in the shop. They are
    nothing special, just record keeping, but I have no complaints.

    >Use an external flash.

    I've also used the little Vivitar 2600-D with good results. That is
    the nice thing about instant results. It doesn't take long to develop
    your own guide number.

    (N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
    www.rogerhalstead.com

    Roger Halstead, Jun 8, 2004