    would be kicking myself for if I don't wait?

    Cheers,

    Max.

    Max Kirk, Mar 17, 2005

  2. Max Kirk <> wrote:
    > I am thinking of buying a D70 but I am wondering if I should wait for the
    > next model.
    >
    > Is the ?100 cash back offer to clear the existing stock before a new
    > release?
    >
    > The D70 seems a very capable camera so what would an update provide that I
    > would be kicking myself for if I don't wait?

    The D70 is actually newer than the D100. The D70 has been out for well
    under one year, so I expect that their won't be a successor to the D70
    for quite sometime yet.

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Spammers please contact me at .

    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Mar 17, 2005

  3. You can wait, new model will appear in next couple months, possbily. But,
    just think, how many good photos you could take meanwhile?

    Regards,

    K.Polak

    Krystian Polak, Mar 17, 2005
  4. Max Kirk

    Jim Guest

    "Max Kirk" <> wrote in message
    > I am thinking of buying a D70 but I am wondering if I should wait for the
    > next model.

    And when its replacement comes, you will wonder if you should not wait for
    another new model. Sooner or later, you really ought to be taking some
    shots.
    Jim

    Jim, Mar 18, 2005
  5. Max Kirk

    Sheldon Guest

    "Max Kirk" <> wrote in message
    >I am thinking of buying a D70 but I am wondering if I should wait for the
    > next model.
    >
    > Is the £100 cash back offer to clear the existing stock before a new
    > release?
    >
    > The D70 seems a very capable camera so what would an update provide that I
    > would be kicking myself for if I don't wait?
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Max.

    I'm still waiting for 3-D TV. Seriously, the D-70 is a great camera, and
    hasn't really been out that long. If they were to replace it I would expect
    8 megapixels and maybe a mirror lockup. Meanwhile, Nikon is still selling a
    lot of D-70's, and were before the rebate.

    Sheldon, Mar 18, 2005
  6. Max Kirk

    Dirty Harry Guest

    "Sheldon" <> wrote in message

    > "Max Kirk" <> wrote in message
    > >I am thinking of buying a D70 but I am wondering if I should wait for the
    > > next model.
    > >
    > > Is the £100 cash back offer to clear the existing stock before a new
    > > release?
    > >
    > > The D70 seems a very capable camera so what would an update provide that

    > > would be kicking myself for if I don't wait?
    > >
    > > Cheers,
    > >
    > > Max.
    > >

    > I'm still waiting for 3-D TV. Seriously, the D-70 is a great camera, and
    > hasn't really been out that long. If they were to replace it I would

    expect
    > 8 megapixels and maybe a mirror lockup. Meanwhile, Nikon is still selling

    > lot of D-70's, and were before the rebate.

    Rebel XT...unless you already have nikon lenses.

    Dirty Harry, Mar 18, 2005
  7. Max Kirk

    Sheldon Guest

    "Dirty Harry" <> wrote in message

    > "Sheldon" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Max Kirk" <> wrote in message
    >> >I am thinking of buying a D70 but I am wondering if I should wait for
    >> >the
    >> > next model.
    >> >
    >> > Is the £100 cash back offer to clear the existing stock before a new
    >> > release?
    >> >
    >> > The D70 seems a very capable camera so what would an update provide
    >> > that

    >> > would be kicking myself for if I don't wait?
    >> >
    >> > Cheers,
    >> >
    >> > Max.
    >> >

    >> I'm still waiting for 3-D TV. Seriously, the D-70 is a great camera, and
    >> hasn't really been out that long. If they were to replace it I would

    > expect
    >> 8 megapixels and maybe a mirror lockup. Meanwhile, Nikon is still
    >> selling

    >> lot of D-70's, and were before the rebate.

    > Rebel XT...unless you already have nikon lenses.

    Have a pile of 'em, which is why I bought the D-70. Can't use all the
    features of the D-70 with my old AI lenses, but the results have been great.

    Sheldon, Mar 18, 2005
  8. Max Kirk

    Guest

    , Mar 18, 2005
  9. Max Kirk

    Max Kirk Guest

    Thanks people for the good advice. Just need to convince the wife now.

    Thanks again,

    Max.

    Max Kirk, Mar 18, 2005
  10. Max Kirk

    C J Campbell Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Looks like the Nikon D50 is going to be a reality. The trademark was
    > recently filed for in the US.

    It will not be a D70 replacement, however. More likely a competitor that
    one-ups the Rebel XT.

    C J Campbell, Mar 18, 2005
  11. Max Kirk

    C J Campbell Guest

    "Max Kirk" <> wrote in message
    > I am thinking of buying a D70 but I am wondering if I should wait for the
    > next model.
    >
    > Is the £100 cash back offer to clear the existing stock before a new
    > release?

    More likely it is to lower the price to keep it competitive with Canon's new
    models (every time Nikon comes out with a new camera, Canon comes out with
    one about six months later that undercuts it slightly in price -- so much
    for Canon's reputation as an innovator). A replacement for the D70 will
    probably not be out for another year.

    Personally, I plan to keep my D70 until I can get 22 MP camera for under
    $1000. A couple MP here or there just doesn't make enough difference to make
    an upgrade worthwhile.

    C J Campbell, Mar 18, 2005